New clutch needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New clutch needed
Turned the fuel up today, and clutch has started slipping, its a valeo that came with the xantia engine, shall i just get another valeo?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tbh for the little extra £ it is id go uprated mate.
Thanks given by:
Its not little though lol!
Thanks given by:
lol depends how you look at it i suppose . but id look at it like this if you fit a new standard one and it slips after a few hun dred miles you gona be kicking your
self then its goin to cost you more time and money to replace again.
Thanks given by:
How much was yours? Where from?
Thanks given by:
Depends what your plans are really...

I would say your overcoming a fairly worn clutch, but a td04 opened up will ra*e a stock clutch...

I was making 220hp on a stock clutch, with no problems at all, but was running a bit turbo, and all the power was between 4000-5500rpm, so torque was relitivly low, whereas you are likely to ra*e the clutch on a td04 at just 180-190ho due to the much greater torque...

Tbh for your application on the the CG paddles would be fine, I ran my CG paddle hard as hell for 12 months,never missed a beat once warm / got RAPED, there cheap, and not the best, but will more than handle all a td04 can throw at it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
i'm going to ring demon tweeks tommorow and have a chat with them, also got a link for a CG paddle, plus, there local to me anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New clutch cable needed jcsh 3 1,821 11-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14