hot start problems - but will bump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hot start problems - but will bump
as above on 1.9TD

any thoughts?

Won't start from when warm on the key, but will start a the mear hint of a bump.

Turns over fine, just doesn't fire. Runs fine otherwise.

Fuel filter was temp bypassed to rule out air leak from that area.

So has air free fuel, and assume has compression if will bump.

So thinking either ip problem when warm, something going out of tolerance and pressure dropping, or pump drawing in air when warm?

Or could a temp sensor be out?

answers on a postcard
Thanks given by:
Hey,

I've not had this problem with a car before, but I have had it with my motorbike.

It turned out that the valve clearances needed adjusting, as they were going beyond tolerances when hot. It was easily bumped though.

I'm not sure if this issue can affect the XUD's though.. I'm sure someone will know.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:Hey,

I've not had this problem with a car before, but I have had it with my motorbike.

It turned out that the valve clearances needed adjusting, as they were going beyond tolerances when hot. It was easily bumped though.

I'm not sure if this issue can affect the XUD's though.. I'm sure someone will know.

Apparently it can affect the high milage xuds, but I never believed it ...

Best get the feeler gauges out and cop a feel
Thanks given by:
My pump draws more air when it's hot, but it's leaking to begin with so maybe unrelated.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Changed the pump, all good now. Looks like it was leaking from the shaft seal, where can I pick one of these up? My reseal kit from ebay didn't include one :/

Did check the valve clearances, two of the inlets are completely closed up and the other two are about 0.1mm out (should be about 0.2?). exhaust are fine.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD cold start problems. Jake 30 9,511 21-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Jake