RX8 Seats?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RX8 Seats?
Hi all,

My front seat isn't the comfiest tbf and feels like its kinda collapsing. I have looked around and new seats and seen that people have fitted the RX8 seats in their 306's.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=20268

I read that thread and it basically says that they *should* fit straight into 5 door 306's. Does anyone have any more info on this such as the pre tensioner and how to transfer the seat belt over from the 306 ones to the RX8 ones?

Thanks Smile

Jack
Thanks given by:
Check my project out i have them in myestate they defo don't just bolt in. One of the rear holes will line up ok but apart from that you will need to make them fit
Thanks given by:
Well does it make a difference whether its phase 1/2/3? I know 5 doors are different to 3 doors.

What actually needs to be done then to get them to fit in? The wiring I can do easy enough Smile
Thanks given by:
Phase dosnt matter mines a 5 door being an estate. All you have to do is adapt the subframes to fit the 306 or make the car fit the seats
Thanks given by:
Okay. So what am I looking at doing? Cutting loads welding I ain't got a clue haha. What's the general jist of fitting these seats?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
welding bars onto subframes...
Thanks given by:
Buy an rx8 and find a way of putting a dw10 in lol
Thanks given by:
Ahh I see haha. Well it's not as easy as some people seem to make it out to be then. Haha. And I think that may compromise the handling haha
Thanks given by:
Nothings ever as easy as people make out on here. lol

But yeah, really you're best to stick with 306 seats unless you can weld.
Thanks given by:
I'm not amazing at welding. Wouldn't trust my welds to save me if I ever crashed. Seat would probably collapse haha
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 07:43 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: I'm not amazing at welding. Wouldn't trust my welds to save me if I ever crashed. Seat would probably collapse haha

Ejecto seato Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ejecto Seato......... onto the bonnet :/
Thanks given by:
In some situations, going through the windscreen saved people's lives and being in a seatbelt would have killed them  Undecided
Thanks given by:
Which situations were they!?

Seatbelts can cause injury if not used right, but I don't think hitting the windscreen is beneficial to your health. lol
Thanks given by:
They don't just bolt in. You need to grind the mounts off the RX8 rails and weld on a tab on each corner as the RX8 ones are much slimmer than the 306 seats. On the 5 door, providing you line them up correctly, you can just drill holes in the tabs and bolt them down.
Pre tensioner, you need a funky ass bolt and a spacer to bolt the pre tensioner to the side of the seat and the side air bag, in theory you can wire it up as the info i found says that the monitoring and firing resistance is the same as the 306 one but i haven't manned up and tried it yet!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Very helpful explanation mate cheers Smile Something I would struggle to do my self but I can look into in the future Smile Im wondering if there are any seats that would be a pretty standard fit that are heated. Not bothered about the electric adjustments but having heated seats sounds cushy haha Smile
Thanks given by:
Heated seats are crap tbh...its just a small strip along your arse cheeks that heats. I was expecting the whole base and back area to heat up. Very disappointed. lol However full leather is awesome. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Oh haha well forget that then haha. I got spoiled by my financed fiesta st haha that had proper toasty seats in that did haha
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Heated seats are crap tbh...its just a small strip along your arse cheeks that heats.  I was expecting the whole base and back area to heat up.  Very disappointed. lol  However full leather is awesome. Big Grin

Errr in which case, your heated seats are shite! All of them I've sat in with exception of cheaper Vauxhall ones warm you all over!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 09:17 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-05-2015, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Heated seats are crap tbh...its just a small strip along your arse cheeks that heats.  I was expecting the whole base and back area to heat up.  Very disappointed. lol  However full leather is awesome. Big Grin

Errr in which case, your heated seats are shite! All of them I've sat in with exception of cheaper Vauxhall ones warm you all over!

Oh. Sad  Never had any before tbf lol. 
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 08:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Which situations were they!?  

Seatbelts can cause injury if not used right, but I don't think hitting the windscreen is beneficial to your health. lol

I've seen a few programmes where, on some rare occasions, if the driver/passenger had been in the seat they would've been dead due to forces acting on the body/getting crushed etc instead they went through the windscreen, ended up on the road and survived with minor injuries.
Wearing a seatbelt and going from 60mph to a stop in a few metres wouldn't exactly be beneficial to your health either lol
Thanks given by:
It's not just the belt though, it's the fact you're held in the seat by the pretension, blown in the face by the airbag to save your head/neck and the crumple zone takes a large part of the impact. Hitting your head on the windscreen at 60 is almost certainly going to do more damage. It may be true of old cars that only have belts - likely to snap your neck and/or slip under the belt lol - but I just don't see it being true in any modern car.
Thanks given by:
It was a while back when i saw that stuff tbf lol
I guess you'll never really know as no-one will actually officially support the fact that a seatbelt, which is law, could kill you in some scenarios lol
Airbags cause a fair few injuries themselves as well. My mate had a proper minor knock in his car, was KO'd by the airbag and burns all over his wrists and face. 
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 09:44 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: It was a while back when i saw that stuff tbf lol
I guess you'll never really know as no-one will actually officially support the fact that a seatbelt, which is law, could kill you in some scenarios lol
Airbags cause a fair few injuries themselves as well. My mate had a proper minor knock in his car, was KO'd by the airbag and burns all over his wrists and face. 

Airbags do do you a fair bit of damage but its bugger all compared to the damage that can be caused by not having it there. Plus with multi stage air bags in modern cars, the chance of them doing you damage is much less unless you have a serious crash
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah tbf I would rather take my chances with a big balloon exploding in my face than having it smashed against a solid steering wheel haha Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 09:46 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-05-2015, 09:44 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: It was a while back when i saw that stuff tbf lol

Airbags do do you a fair bit of damage but its bugger all compared to the damage that can be caused by not having it there. Plus with multi stage air bags in modern cars, the chance of them doing you damage is much less unless you have a serious crash

Very true. When i had a side impact in my clio sport, the airbag didnt go off and the drivers door was jammed shut. The inspector opened the door to check details on B-pillar and got KO'd by the airbag lolll only know that as he told me on the phone when he rang to give me the valuation
Thanks given by:
I have a drivers rx8 seat about to come out of mine inc rail if interested
Thanks given by:
I am Interested
Thanks given by:
just to bump this I am fitting buckets from a celica and the 306 seatbelt plug and pretensioner doesnt fit on the seat. Can I just the celica seatbelt plug and wire it in?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2015, 03:34 PM)rd070707 Wrote: just to bump this I am fitting buckets from a celica and the 306 seatbelt plug and pretensioner doesnt fit on the seat. Can I just the celica seatbelt plug and wire it in?

Possibly. Try it obviously no one has done it before so who knows.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: