Swap 1.8d to 1.9 td

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swap 1.8d to 1.9 td
Hey Hey

My 1.8 diesel engine is becoming boring to me with only 60hp.
I was thinking to swap to 1.9 td 92hp.
Can you guys tell me if it is plug and play ?

A friend of mine said it is but i wanna know from other people Big Grin

Greetings from Portugal
Thanks given by:
Pretty much plug and play. Use as much of the 1.9 as possible. Best get a donor car
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2015, 05:49 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Pretty much plug and play. Use as much of the 1.9 as possible. Best get a donor car

ty for the quick response man Smile

i will buy the engine on the waste (crashed cars)
Thanks given by:
Best thing. Everything is pretty much plug and play. Just use the wiring harness off the 205. If you have pas you are best to ditch it off as it runs on the back on the 205 from memory and front on 306. 205 drive shafts will fit. You can use the 205 box if you want. If you use a 1.9 box though it has longer ratios. I think that's all I know.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2015, 06:12 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Best thing. Everything is pretty much plug and play. Just use the wiring harness off the 205. If you have pas you are best to ditch it off as it runs on the back on the 205 from memory and front on 306. 205 drive shafts will fit. You can use the 205 box if you want. If you use a 1.9 box though it has longer ratios. I think that's all I know.

Hummm, let's see if i get it  Blush

What i need:
- Wiring harness off the 205
- drive shafts from 205
- gearbox from 205

My friend told me too that 1.8 gearbox is the same as the 1.9 (piece of cr*p).

didnt understand that part,  Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Yes yes and no. You can use the 1.8 gearbox. But it will rev really high on cruising. The 306 box is better. If you really want to drop cruising revs a 306 hdi box will fit.
Thanks given by:
Iv got 2 gearboxes already converted if you need them, use the 1.8 water system and swap all the sensors for the 205 ones then the harness will be plug and play check my project thread for more info
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2015, 07:24 PM)td_dan Wrote: Iv got 2 gearboxes already converted if you need them, use the 1.8 water system and swap all the sensors for the 205 ones then the harness will be plug and play check my project thread for more info

But i'm a student and i do not wanna spend to much money on 1 time.
I prefer to do the basics, then going to upgrade  Confused
Thanks given by:
As i said read my thread, but really just buy a smashed 306 with working engine and tiu will have everything needed
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by: