That bloody zorst!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That bloody zorst!
Since 'repairing' the saggy zorst, the knocking from front end has been replaced by a banging now! FFS!

I've kicked it and shaken it but I can't get it to bang by hand but, turning corners at a certain rev, the throw of the engine is causing the banging.
It is pissing me off now, I've shaken it all directions but, only with great force, can I get it to hit the heat shield. Backbox doesn't really look right but I've bent the hangers to relieve the 'pull' on the joint.

When i worked on it, all i did was reattach the back box. It was only one clamp!!?!!

I have one question to ask aside from the above:

Do the 'cats' disintegrate on these old gals?

Im getting a horrible feeling that it could be that that's banging under my feet (around that area but passenger said it felt underneath them)

Is there anyone local that do zorst systems cheap, might as well decat the fucker if it has gone, I haven't got the money for a new/secondhand one!
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Sure its not the rear engine mount?
Thanks given by:
I f*cking hope not, although it seems to do it when the engine warms up...hence thinking the zorst..?

Engine doesn't knock when i floor it either
Thanks given by:
Can get a new cat for the price of a decat from ecp. 

Are the nuts holding cat to turbo both done up the same amount? Had a similar problem when a garage had tightened up one more than the other so the cat wasn't central and kept hitting the underside
Thanks given by:
Im not too sure, the last time someone had it off could have failed to do that. Ive only had the back box off and on. I fitted the centre section a long while back and the garage have seen it since then. Maybe it could be.

I found a decat pipe on the bay for £49 free p&p and the firm is in lichfield so might go and pick it up. I need to get this sorted for monday, I'm driving to chelmsford for a funeral.

Just been reading about the engine mount, I could be that but there isn't a knocking. If it was shot would it knock when accelerating? If worst comes to worst, should i get this : http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/p.../2030.html
Thanks given by:
I had that decat pipe. If collecting, double check the postcode if using iphone maps. Randomly sends you 10miles further north to some residential area  Angry Lol

They should do it for £45 collected

I returned it because of the knocking (thinking it was the decats fault) then personally fitted a cat, £45 from ecp, when i realised the knocking was down to the nuts lol
Thanks given by:
Sound, might do that. I don't need a sat nav for there mate Wink used to drive that way soooooooooo much when i worked for a firm in derby. £45 collected aint bad, how is yours holding up? I heard that they don't last very long, maybe two years. And do you notice the difference with decat?

The more i read about the engine mount the more i feel its that Sad

This weekend I'm getting ARB bushes, drop links and maybe P bushes. They all def need doing, maybe after that ill pay closer attention to the zorst system...maybe take it all off and work my way back....or maybe not and just have a look Smile

Im afraid of it dropping apart and me not being able to sort it out.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 06:50 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Im not too sure, the last time someone had it off could have failed to do that. Ive only had the back box off and on. I fitted the centre section a long while back and the garage have seen it since then. Maybe it could be.

I found a decat pipe on the bay for £49 free p&p and the firm is in lichfield so might go and pick it up. I need to get this sorted for monday, I'm driving to chelmsford for a funeral.

Just been reading about the engine mount, I could be that but there isn't a knocking. If it was shot would it knock when accelerating? If worst comes to worst, should i get this : http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/p.../2030.html

NO!!

I wouldn't fit that Powerflex mount i did that and had nothing but trouble with it.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=19594
Thanks given by:
Oh, ok Sad shit.

Just read this http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=41 from post 11.

Sounds like when I bent the hangers of my back box to allow for pull I have adjusted the movement of my cat. If the mount has gone then the cat contacts the subframe or underside...Would I be right in assuming this?

If so, looks like i might have found the cause to the knocking then...And maybe baker BM mounts ftw? Why not power flex titch? What problems did you have?
Thanks given by:
Read this, this is the trouble i had

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=19594
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 07:32 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Sound, might do that. I don't need a sat nav for there mate Wink used to drive that way soooooooooo much when i worked for a firm in derby. £45 collected aint bad, how is yours holding up? I heard that they don't last very long, maybe two years.

I'm using a standard cat/mid/backbox from ecp, total cost £100. So far so good, but only been 8months so far. Didn't notice any difference with a decat myself.
Thanks given by:
I think i might go vibratehcnics Wink gonna be a bitch to fit that Sad
Thanks given by:
I believe they've updated the powerflex mounts and now have several happy customers on here. You can check if it's an engine mount by stepping on and off the accelerator aggressively.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They did update them again and then they had most of them back again as they had loads of complaints, i don't know what they have done with them now, but nothing made by Powerflex will be going any where near any of my 4 cars!
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, i was under the impression they'd gotten past that. Tbf baker bm or vibratechnics make a better product imo, it's just a matter of cost.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 08:44 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: I think i might go vibratehcnics  Wink gonna be a bitch to fit that Sad

Just a warning ,the vibra technics one is good, but it does as to be expected increase the vibration, and with that come the rattles of a cheap french interior !
I can't comment on the baker bm ones never used one, and the powerflex ones that i had fitted for the short time they lasted and didn't fail they were worse than the vibra technics one for vibration.

But it is not smooth like a standard one.

If your trying to fit it on the driveway on stands i think you will struggle, i managed it on a ramp and that was still pretty difficult. I think if i didn't have access to a ramp i would buy a second hand bracket that the mount is in and then get the new one pressed into that and then fit the bracket to the car, only pain with that is the drivers side drive shaft has to come out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need another bloody cable! stu9 18 5,342 13-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  WRONG BLOODY HUB Daniel-mcgowan 9 3,117 17-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Rich306