Harness bar fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harness bar fitting
Calm down, calm down...

It's not as narrow as it looks, ties into the beam mounts. I want to add to it, but only when the roof is re-skinned
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 09:34 PM)welshpug Wrote: what do you mean narrow?!

every weld in 306 cage ive seen look pretty damn similar, including the ones in the 306 maxi, which if you are too young to remember them were capable of being quicker than a wrc car at the time in the right hands.

Oh chill out! not every comment is an arsenal to your abilities and knowledge. Geewiz. Anyway, group B rally cars, which I am not too young to remember, are quicker than a wrc car today...doesn't mean they were safe!? 

(18-05-2015, 09:37 PM)adam b Wrote: Calm down, calm down...

It's not as narrow as it looks, ties into the beam mounts. I want to add to it, but only when the roof is re-skinned

just the camera angle I think, I wasn't trying to bruise anyones pride. Just "looks" narrow thats all. Still looks ace. Still want one meself! haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No problem at all Big Grin
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 09:54 PM)adam b Wrote: No problem at all Big Grin

we must meet up soon fella...you are the closest member here to me I'm sure!

message me your number or message me on FB Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 09:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: group B rally cars, which I am not too young to remember, are quicker than a wrc car today...doesn't mean they were safe!? 

group B cars were built to the same blue book rule book as the WRC stuff today

so they were/are just as safe just remember rules evovle over time as technologys change

they only got banned due to a few spectators getting killed because the drivers were driving outside their abilitys not because they were unsafe

you will be saying all the wrc stuff that run restrictor plates are unsafe in a minuite as they are going to 1600cc engines I believe

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
They've been 1600 for 4 years already.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother without a cage either.
If someone rear ended you or hit ya side on back pa el where your belts are mounts either your belt will come loose and dangerous or it will tighten an hurt you badly. That's just my thought and I've been the wrong way up 3 times
Thanks given by:
So has there been a decided place to put the harness bar yet?
Thanks given by:
There's substantially more chance of that happening with a harness bar rather than a cage. Have you seen how well 306a fair up to being rear ended? lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 11:14 AM)Niall Wrote: There's substantially more chance of that happening with a harness bar rather than a cage. Have you seen how well 306a fair up to being rear ended? [emoji38]
Mine didn't come out too bad to say it was rear ended, everything is still straight.

(19-05-2015, 11:13 AM)connorp Wrote: So has there been a decided place to put the harness bar yet?
Seat belt mounts [emoji106]
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 10:37 AM)welshpug Wrote: They've been 1600 for 4 years already.

going to say!

And for the drivers, they certainly were not as safe as todays wrc cars. No way.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=23262]
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=23263]

don't know why I let myself in for abuse Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks really good Smile better than bolting it to the seatbelt mounts. First thing I'm doing on mine is welding in harness bars between the cage
[attachment=23280]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harness fitting connorp 17 3,044 28-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Last Post: allye