Another air con question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another air con question
How would I know if it's not working? It's cold but not overly... Just a bit more than if it was just blowing standard air...
Thanks given by:
A thermometer in the vents, should be blowing 10°C ish.
Thanks given by:
If a/c is working it should be no higher than 6°c fresh gas itll be around 4
Thanks given by:
It's a lot easier to tell in spring/summer than it is in winter, when even the outside air is freezing lol
Thanks given by:
Have the a/c running and feel the high/low pressure pipes under bonnet one will be hot one cold if its working correctly
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's working if it's colder than standard air, though may need a regas... However I doubt it is working on a 306, switch it on at idle, see if the compressor kicks in and the engine fan comes on...if they don't, it's just a placebo effect that it's colder when the button's lit up. lol
Thanks given by:
Lol thanks guys, I've never had a car with air con before, today I found it quite muggy so tried it for the first time ever... Just didn't feel that cold! Unless there's a back to turning it on?!

Switch all the way in the blue, AC button on... Then the fan switch... Up or auto?!
Thanks given by:
You'll know it's working as it will feel like you're sitting inside a fridge. I'm so glad mine works, best thing about the car in the summer lol

Just use the controls as normal regarding temp/speed, just press the a/c button to use it
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 06:19 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: If a/c is working it should be no higher than 6°c fresh gas itll be around 4

Really? Splitting the difference of 4°C? 
Considering ambient was 25°C today, 6°C is close enough Smile 
Thanks given by:
10c isn't that cold...you can breed germs at that... You can't at 4c.

Back on topic, leave fan switch on auto and stick the temp dial where you want it.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 09:21 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 06:19 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: If a/c is working it should be no higher than 6°c fresh gas itll be around 4

Even 1° makes a big difference trust me lol
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 09:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 10c isn't that cold...you can breed germs at that...  You can't at 4c.

Back on topic, leave fan switch on auto and stick the temp dial where you want it.

Do you have to have it on auto? I've never used it
Thanks given by:
Your core temp only needs to drop by 2c to kill you... Pretty significant. lol

(11-05-2015, 09:57 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 09:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 10c isn't that cold...you can breed germs at that...  You can't at 4c.

Do you have to have it on auto? I've never used it

Nah the air con will work wherever, but the auto fan speed regulates the temp better. Its basically a half arsed climate system... lol
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 09:50 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 09:21 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:

Even 1° makes a big difference trust me lol

Yeah... I'm not going to, 1°C is no discernible change in temperature for a human to notice when sat in a 306. 
Luckily for us the cooling system in a 306 is not powerful enough to change core body temperatures Smile
Thanks given by: