Howzit from Tipp. (pic hoovy)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howzit from Tipp. (pic hoovy)
Rainbow 
*Casually turns to face camera*

Oh hi, didn't see you there.

I'm Max, 18, and I live in Ireland. Got myself my first car a few weeks back, 5-door Peugeot 1.4 Petrol, and absolutely love it.

Think they're the noicest small cars of their time. So I want to soop it up! a bit. May as well sign up and share my progress.

I was lucky enough to get such a catch, 306's have kinda faded away in Ireland (whole lotta 206's tho).

So after spending a day looking at 2000 Golfs and the sorry state they were in for such a price (popularity, y'know), I set my mind on a mint 306.
Plus I'm half French, so, yeah, honhonhon et pour la patrie and all that.

So, saw this silver 306 on DoneDeal, up two days, one lady owner, 60,000 on the mileage and bar some rust on bottom front left door, compression damage to paint on rear bumper and a drivers door that wont hold itself open, it was absolutely mint. So I snatched it up. Blush

Only wear on the interior was the drivers seat, the rest were never used. The cockpit was a little caked in makeup however, so I spent about an hour scrubbing the brown from the steering wheel cover threads.

Exams are coming up soon, but I try to do some work on the car to relax a little. I'm new to cars, but not bad at the electronics, so that will come in handy.

So I'll have a few projects for myself, which is great. I'm currently working on the interior first, since I don't have teh moneys for the exterior side yet, plus there is sweet f*ck all stock of anything in this country for anything even mildly specific, so I have to order everything in, which is more money.

[Image: 3L0gRaz.jpg] [Image: d0uTjTA.jpg] [Image: FG1Pv0F.jpg] [Image: piFJxzA.jpg]

So far I got myself a lovely new gear knob (yes, I do like my gear knob), some seat covers, carbon fiber vinyl for the facia, spray paints,
4 Vibe speakers (stock ones were awful) and a new sony radio.

[Image: bVyKCos.jpg] [Image: bIhun0B.jpg]

I've already done a bit and regret not taking more photos to post, but I will from now on.

Only difficulties I had with the above were the speakers; had to cut holes in the rear shelf mounts, resolder the plugs etc etc. But rear ones work, gonna go install the front ones now. I do hope it fits, could be too big. Dodgy :

I think I've blabbed enough for now, so I leave it at that. Hope to learn a lot from other members here and have the banter.

Heres what I'm at at the moment.

[Image: 3XGaeqa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Best newbie thread ever! lol

Welcome aboard Smile with an evident sense of humour like that im sure you'll fit in just fine here Tongue

So whats the plans for the car?

Also what model is that sony radio? looks like mine but newer! ive been looking to upgrade Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Pretty funny newbie thread. Looks clean.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys.  Sleepy

Radio is a Mex-N4000BT (just realised the coincidence with my username, weird)

Picked up it in Halfords, it was an ex-display model as of two weeks ago, so I got it cheaper.

Plans? Well, the interior for now, gonna put in some new colours, black and grey as primary, plus á la carbon fiber, and some orange as secondary to match the displays.

I would certainly like to do some stuff to the exterior, but financially that looks to be a bit away.
New black alloys, body kit, maybe when I learn more about mechanics might do some stuff with the engine.

I know one shouldn't put so much into their first car, but since I plan to put work into it, and I don't think I will find another 306 so structurally sound and running so smoothly, I don't like to think I'll have to sell it anytime soon.

However, the small engine is a limiting factor, especially for exterior mods and weight, and I was wondering for the future (I think a lot about the future, should be a clairvoyant soon), is it difficult to do something like swap out the engine?

If something like that is feasible, I would certainly choose that ( if also financially reasonable) over selling it and starting all over. Plus, the 306 will have also aged, and I don't know how the quality of peugeots for sale in Ireland will be in a few years. Confused
Thanks given by:
Looks good. Get it lowered and get some cyclones on it!
Thanks given by:
As above, I look forward to seeing your project thread too! Smile
Thanks given by:
welcome and looking good so far Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Looks in great condition .

What do the 306s price wise go for in ireland ?
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 04:28 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Welcome Smile

Looks in great condition .

What do the 306s price wise go for in ireland ?

Got mine for €1200 ( £870?), steal for the condition, but there are a lot of junkers for about €500 or so.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum lol as said u will fit in rightly here lol nice car there looking very well will be keeping an eye on this thread :-) I'm from ur part of the world to lol was on done deals the other day sum good clean 306 are making  mad money . 5 door hdi on there it was clean like but he was looking £1600 at the start he was looking £2000 lol anyway  welcome :-)
Thanks given by:
Very clean & nice looking !

The 306 hatch are always popular all time.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 12:02 PM)Mex Giro Wrote: *Casually turns to face camera*

Oh hi, didn't see you there.

Lol, welcome along, sure you'll fit in nicely here!
Thanks given by:
Probably one of the best Newbie threads I've ever seen! Welcome along mate, as the others have said, it seems you'll fit in just fine here.

You say about not doing too much to your first car, I say what other way is there to learn?! Get in there and get stuck in. Don't be afraid to do things differently either, people will come along (like Eeyore) and give you the "needs -40mm and clones" line, but if that's not what you wanna do, then stick to your guns. Wink

I look forward to seeing more from you, and if you're gonna stick around, get yourself a project thread started to keep track of what you're doing. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Love the intro lol

As Wangnads says, its your car, do as you please. Get a project thread up!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the warm welcome lads Blush

Workin' on a project thread.
Thanks given by:
Well hurry up then we havnt got all day. Well i have im at work. Bored.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 03:20 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Well hurry up then we havnt got all day. Well i have im at work. Bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEaxavOyq38
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howzit? Anyone know anything about 306 s16? Lufta 3 2,017 30-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Lufta