Steel hubcentric spacers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel hubcentric spacers
Just read on an alloy spacer advert that steel spacers can affect the steering and braking of a car due to the weight.

I can't really see this being true because the weight would all be central, is it just because they want me to buy there alloy ones?

Just thought I'd check just incase the steel ones will make my car crash.

Thanks, Ben
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
they will affect the unsprung weight of the car, and therefore affect the handling, but it'll be so marginal i highly doubt youd notice it or it'd cause any ill effects or anything
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Plus it will rust so the weight will reduce over time lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Id always go for steel ones if they are the, 'bolt-onto-the-hub-then-bolt-the-wheel-to-the-spacer' type jobbies, because id be quite wary about the threads in alloy spacers rounding out/getting more worn after removing the wheels a few times.
Thanks given by:
Yeah they were my thoughts, its either them or alloy ones that don't bolt on. Think I'll order them later, £58 posted is the best price I can find, from speed shack. Anyone know of any cheaper?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh if you were that bothered by unsprung weight, you would buy a set of wheels that were the right offset to begin with Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Those steel ones do weigh a fooking ton.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Speed shack are really good and know what they're on with. Very good prices too.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hubcentric wheel spacers JTaylor2005 4 1,003 06-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  5mm hubcentric spacers wonkey18 8 1,978 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Last Post: wonkey18