Temp gauge raising

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temp gauge raising
Okay I think I know the answer to this one but under heavy throttle or driving it hard my 306 dturbo temp starts to rise but if am sitting still or driving at 20 the temp will drop back to about 90

Am guessing this is because am still using the tmic.

Would be worth my time looking into how to fit a fmic?

Am running stage 2/2.5

21psi boost and straight thro de catted.
Thanks given by:
What turbo do you have on it?
Id personally check all the rad etc is in good condition first
Thanks given by:
Unsure of turbo as all the upgrading was done by last owner will try and ask him some point but as far as I understand standard turbo

Looking at the the rad it looks new no dents or leaks and cleaner then anything esle on the car
Thanks given by:
if its standard turbo at 21psi...thats just a stage1 tbh. And a gentle one at that.

It should be around 80-83 normal temp.

If its sitting at 90 normally and going way above that when driving enthusiastically then something isnt happy in the cooling system.

I had a tmic with my pretty heavy stg1 tune (stainless straight through, 26-27psi, 11mm pump) and it never went above 90degrees.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah i had 28psi on tmic 11mm pump and t2 and never went above 90
Thanks given by:
As these have said 90 is too high under normal conditions, and it shouldn't go above 93 as the fans should kick in then to fetch it down, temps under nirmal running should be around 80, check the coolant is fresh, while the cap is off check the coolant is circulating, also check your heaters blow hot, if not coolant needs bleeding properly, check no leaks in cooling system, after that thermostat could be stuck closed or fins in rad missing or full of shit inside, the state of your coolant will let you know if it's crudded up or not, good luck Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mine sits at about 85 normally on a stage 1 tune
Thanks given by:
Okay thanks for all the info. I didn't know it was only a light stage 1 tune. Again thanks for clearing this up. Cars in for its MOT the now will have a look at cooling and prob drain it and re fill it and see how that goes
Thanks given by:
Taking the car for a good 170mile trip today and it seems to sit at a steady 70-75 all the time, heaters blow cold and hot air and the car runs sweet
Thanks given by:
Coolant change sorted it then?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Didn't touch anything seemed to work, took it a run with jack in boot and 6l of water just incase and nothing happens. Runs a dream
Thanks given by:
70-75 is a bit cold lol, might wanna change the stat Smile
Thanks given by:
Will get one ordered then lol
Thanks given by:
could be a dodgy gauge tbh

Since fitting my aftermarket water temp gauge I have realised how RUBBISH the oem one is
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Maybe your aftermarket one is fcuked? Think of that? Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question which sensor feeds the temp gauge? Mattcheese31 4 1,275 23-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Temp gauge don't work!! CJRODELL 2 1,068 12-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Last Post: CJRODELL
  Oil pressure and temp gauge fittings on block? HDIkyle 11 2,027 23-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Last Post: r3k1355