ph1 heater fan system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 heater fan system
so got the ph1 heater controls and system in

I had it all working fine. Then it stopped. - the fan that is

Its very simple supply, 12v ignition, earth and a 12v lighting supply.

All those are still good.

The heater controls seem fine, very basic internally, just tracks, all fine, no burnouts etc

The fan runs if given 12v/earth.

The fan has 12v when ignition on, assuming thus its controlled on the earth side. (I'm no electrical expert!)

The resistor pack is brand new.

Any suggestions?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Relay working ok? Mine overheats a lot.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
well its getting 12v constant. and it never works now, not when left overnight or during a journey etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Are you testing it with a test light or a multimeter. If its a multimeter you could easily get 12v and have resistance. No amps getting there. Check resistance of feed 12v wire. Or be a pikey like me and stick a test light on it. If it lights up but dim you know you have resistance. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
bridge out the resistor put money on the thermal fuse has gone in it

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 07:20 AM)cully Wrote: bridge out the resistor put money on the thermal fuse has gone in it

you know which pins cully??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
not from work i dont ,

one pin will be the supply ground, then the others will be different resistor values, which are selected via the speed switch .

this resistor block is normaly placed/fitted in the airflow tubbing, as it gets hot and needs cooling, when it gets too hot it breaks the thermal fuse, stopping the blower motor.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Just a quick thought as well. Mine blew two resistors. Got so pissed off I bought a new fan and resistor from scrap yard.. Been fine since. I think the fan was on way out and drawing to much current.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 07:49 AM)cully Wrote: not from work i dont ,

one pin will be the supply ground, then the others will be different resistor values, which are selected via the speed switch .

this resistor block is normaly placed/fitted in the airflow tubbing, as it gets hot and needs cooling, when it gets too hot it breaks the thermal fuse, stopping the blower motor.

yeah man I know where it is, replaced it 10days ago with a brand new one.

I'll get the tester out.

(04-05-2015, 11:23 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Just a quick thought as well. Mine blew two resistors. Got so pissed off I bought a new fan and resistor from scrap yard.. Been fine since. I think the fan was on way out and drawing to much current.

just been thinking same thing

guna whip motor out and strip/clean 
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low pressure - heater system Iaitoo 7 1,567 22-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Iaitoo