hiya guys need help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hiya guys need help
Hiya guys hope someone can help or point me i the right direction

Used to be on here alot years ago when i used to have a 306 mi16 then a gti-6

I currently have a peugeot 407 2.2 hdi bi turbo 170bhp manual

Trying to find someone who knows about hdi engines and what turbo it can upgrade to etc used to be my family car but now been replaces and id like to mod it but finding any mods for this engine is becoming difficult

Yes dpf removal will be one fortunatly it has 145k and ive had it from nearly new and never a issue with it but will now be in the pipe line to be removed and i know a map dpf delete egr delete will prob see 220ish bhp and around 450nm but looking for possibly more

Like i say after help and pointing in the right direction
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
Noone?
Thanks given by:
Tbh i think you're the only guy on here with that engine.. Maybe steve at Hdi tuning MIGHT know something, i think his name on here is Pro_Steve, or possibly Jammapic who runs no smoke no poke i believe now.
What turbos are on there at the moment?
Thanks given by:
Forgot his name, there's the guy with the 2.2 Dimma that might know a few things Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 09:31 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Tbh i think you're the only guy on here with that engine.. Maybe steve at Hdi tuning MIGHT know something, i think his name on here is Pro_Steve, or possibly Jammapic who runs no smoke no poke i believe now.
What turbos are on there at the moment?

Standard turbo's as ive had the car from new and seems not only on here finding it hard to find any diesel people who apart from a generic map can mod these
Thanks given by:
Yeah i know they are standard but what turbos? Go from there then
Thanks given by:
Well i can supply your first bit of useful information; the 2.2hdi only ever came with 1 turbo...

There will be very few off-the-shelf upgrades, if any, as it's not a popular engine to tune. Same goes for turbo changes, unless you want to spend a lot of money developing a hybrid with someone like turbodynamics, then you need to design and conduct all the modification yourself. If you're still interested give it a post in the HDi section, you'll get a much better response in the right section. HTH Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 06:10 AM)Poodle Wrote: Well i can supply your first bit of useful information; the 2.2hdi only ever came with 1 turbo...

It's a 407 2.2 twin turbo hdi - as it came out of the factory!

Upgrade wise, you can either choose to ditch the factory twin turbo setup and go for a larger single vnt turbo - not sure how this would work with the current ecu management, and you'll loose that awesome power curve for a bit of lag. Might be easiest solution to fab up and get running if you want all out power.

Or you can go for another twin turbo setup or compound setup - will take some effort, I imagine you'll have to fab up some custom manifolds, and pairing two turbos together is a little more complicated than choosing a single turbo. Again you'll need it mapped to suit.

Going to be a fair amount of effort either way, but should make for an epic project if you're up for it.

Or you can try and push the current setup as far as you can, would be worth talking to some of the hdi mapping gurus to see what the limiting factors are of the oem setup, may not be turbos, could be injectors, hp pump, fmic, clutch, ..etc ...etc
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hiya from yorkie yorkie740 12 2,731 23-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Titch161086
  Hiya! Ceri 25 4,956 22-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Titch161086
  hiya cptchaos 11 2,067 11-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: pugjohn306