Super Smokey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Smokey
Alright guys. I have a stage 1 map from pro Steve.  I put my foot down and there are clouds behind me haha. I have had my car boost leak checked and the only leak found was on the intake to the turbo.

Pro Steve said that the mad was reading more than it should be so surely that would show a leak on the boost side not a leak on the intake side?

What else could cause serious smoke? A jacketed maf? 

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
Depends what colour the smoke is, are you sure it's black?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My mate following said it looked black.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. Aside from boost leaks, the only real possibility i can think of is shot injectors, but they'd have to be seriously knackered.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmm well okays I will 100% go through joints and stuff in the inlet, then probably just fit a boost gauge to check it's boosting right and then if those show good I could try a MAF sensor Smile
Thanks given by:
I get a fair bit of smoke under heavy load, more of a dark grey than thick black. Do any mapped hdi's actually produce no smoke? Lol
Thanks given by:
What sort of exhaust do you have? Straight through with a stage 1 will be smoky.

Its not a bad thing though, its an excellent tailgater deterrent. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Tbf I have stock exhaust. Possibly limiting the turbo spool on the 125hp map pro Steve offers??

And haha that's true lol Tongue
Thanks given by:
Nah it should be fine, I've had S1 on stock exhaust...in fact it worse bottom end when the cat snapped and fell off, though it sounded awesome. lol

All of mine have been a bit smokey, some more than others tbf, is it really 'clouds' or just a whisp under full throttle? A bit is perfectly normal.
Thanks given by:
Wisps on light throttle. Clouds flat out haha
Thanks given by:
I'd probably ignore it. lol
Thanks given by:
Haha fair enough then lol Tongue
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2015, 08:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd probably ignore it. lol

That's what im doing. Deffo not throwing money at it, thats for sure! I'm running a completely stock exhaust
Thanks given by:
They will smoke a bit, that's kind of what tuning them is all about - adding more fuel than is strictly necessary lol. They do chuck out a fair amount of soot if you've been driving gently then floor it too.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What year is it?
Thanks given by:
It's a 1999 model
Thanks given by:
Were I come from reek is a good thing lol wel when it's black Smile
Thanks given by:
Irish tuner scene is the dark-side of derv, HDi's should be clean really Wink

Is your MAF screwed and unplugged...mine was smoking quite bad with unplug?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Just been going back through old threads. Had my timing belt done recently by Piggy-Power.

He said it was slightly out on the timing. Re-timed up and the drive home when I properly floor it the smoke seems much less noticeable. Maybe I am just being wishful but it does seem quite a bit less smokey Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  207 hdi sport - smokey on startup ginge191 8 3,209 28-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Poodle