HDI gearbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI gearbox
i know this has probably been covered before but i cant find it on a search! 
looking into a swop as the clutch needs changing 
just want to know peoples views are i know fuel economy is the main plus but i was just interested to know if drive ability is lost low down?
also i know the clutch fork is different but if i was to change the clutch and flywheel over i guess this would save messing about changing the fork over
once again sorry if this has been covered i just couldnt find the info i needed
Thanks given by:
swap for what mate? Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 06:19 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: swap for what mate? Wink

sorry xud box change to hdi box 
Thanks given by:
Final drive is 500 revs lower in every gear. Just change the clutch fork then you can maintain the xud clutch which is better. If not you have to buy the clutch cable to convert to hdi type.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
hmm, think its been said that the HDi box was the better of the two... but as for swapping hdi box onto xud engine...i honestly don't know. Someone should be along to help you, are you sure you couldn't find anything in the search??
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 06:40 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: hmm, think its been said that the HDi box was the better of the two... but as for swapping hdi box onto xud engine...i honestly don't know. Someone should be along to help you, are you sure you couldn't find anything in the search??

as i said i know the ratios are different but im looking for the finer details ie the differences between the mechanisms thats what i cant find on the searches  
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 06:36 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Final drive is 500 revs lower in every gear. Just change the clutch fork then you can maintain the xud clutch which is better. If not you have to buy the clutch cable to convert to hdi type.

Nice there you go dale Wink the mechs with the clutch fork and cable?
Thanks given by:
yes i just need to know if the flywheel and clutch can be used from the hdi the ring gear has the same number of teeth so i cant see it been a problem! and yes the clutch cable needs to be changed but again i need a new one so no hardship there either also the rpm sensor will it work with the hdi flywheel these are all details i couldnt find sorry guys!
Thanks given by:
Keep xud flywheel and clutch

Just swap the fork over, easy peasy

Beware of falling out of the xud power band if on standard turbo, you can fall off boost on gear change. Even worse if you're in a lagging big turbo like a td04

If you do a lot of motorway miles then the lower cruise rpm is quite nice
Thanks given by: Dale
(28-04-2015, 07:14 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Keep xud flywheel and clutch

Just swap the fork over, easy peasy

Beware of falling out of the xud power band if on standard turbo, you can fall off boost on gear change. Even worse if you're in a lagging big turbo like a td04

If you do a lot of motorway miles then the lower cruise rpm is quite nice

thank you that's all i needed to know! running a t2 with bosch so buy the looks of things your better off staying with the xud box i dont want to lose the drive ability i must admit the low down grunt is spot on just a shame on long runs its screaming its head off!

Thanks given by:
I never really had a problem with hdi box on xud, that was t2 but the gov was shimmed to rev high so i used to change in the red when in anger haha
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure there's a guide for this too...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
HDI gearbox was best thing in my opinion Smile

I had a T28 super laggy blower, but the extra gearing also meant that it would hold onto the power to just a little bit more speed, thus keeping it on load for longer.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2015, 08:38 PM)Poodle Wrote: Pretty sure there's a guide for this too...

If you could find it I'd be most greatful 

(30-04-2015, 09:09 PM)Dave Wrote: HDI gearbox was best thing in my opinion Smile

I had a T28 super laggy blower, but the extra gearing also meant that it would hold onto the power to just a little bit more speed, thus keeping it on load for longer.

Im not running a massive set up really it's pretty much standard d8a t2 Bosch ground pin need to shim the gov cradle at some point too! Smile I'm just worried that all the low end pull will be lost with hdi box?
Thanks given by:
there is one on .net

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/index....ditoxudbox
Thanks given by: Dale
(30-04-2015, 09:33 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: there is one on .net

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/index....ditoxudbox

thanks for that fella spot on! 
im going to give it ago ive got a spare xud box i can pull apart Smile
Thanks given by:
I was running a real boggo setup with my T28, it was literally: T28 and a govmod with basically no exchaust.

The gov was able to fuel when the T28 spooled which was at 4k, and fuel it upto 6k basically Smile
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Be worth getting a new clutch whiles the box is off Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 12:40 AM)kee616 Wrote: Be worth getting a new clutch whiles the box is off Smile

yes that's the only reason i'm looking into changing the box cause the clutch has started slipping! 
Thanks given by: