Starting Issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Issue
Hi guys,
Been trying to fix this for quite a while now, so...
So the 306 decided to drain its battery randomly. Doesn’t seem to do it over a long period of time or for any reason. You can switch the electrics on for 2 minutes before starting and it will be fine other times it just refuses. It had a brand new battery and alternator less than a year ago. Had checked and cleaned all earths, re-joined clamp connection, also checked and there are no drains, so thinking possible a f*ucked battery? The other odd thing is when it is completely flat you literally touch jump leads to it and it will start instead of having to sit for a minute and build charge. It’s been really messing with me and I can work it out, going to go to halfrauds later to get them to check that battery because I think it has a years’ warranty. Anyone any thoughts?
Cheers, Adam 
Thanks given by:
I think someone was mentioning something similar to this mate

Have you checked the earth straps and the terminal wires? What's your current battery's figures like Ah?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 07:51 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: I think someone was mentioning something similar to this mate

Have you checked the earth straps and the terminal wires? What's your current battery's figures like Ah?

Connections are all great, looked fine when I took them off but I redid them anyway, haven’t checked that but heading to halfrauds later to let them do it, then tell them it’s in warranty so they don’t try to shaft me
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rallye starting issue tarmac terror 12 2,746 08-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Last Post: tarmac terror