Local Garages/Mechanics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Garages/Mechanics
We have a helpful members thread, but I thought it'd also be useful to know any mechanics or garages in your area that do good work, don't charge an arm and a leg, and that you'd like to recommend to other members in your area.

London
I had my cambelt changed by Deepak Gohil at the weekend in West London. He's known on the GTi forum pretty well, and after hearing good things and seeing how reasonable his prices were, I thought I'd go to him to get the work done. He was very friendly, knew what he was talking about (he's an ex-Peugeot mechanic, now an aircraft engineer) and took a look over the car when he was done to see if there was anything else that might need looking at in the future. He also let me know my aux belt needed changing, but confirmed the price with me in advance rather than just going ahead and sticking me with a larger bill when I got back (which I was very pleased about, as I've had this done in the past). Anyway, the price was £240 for a cambelt, aux belt, tensioners and water pump change, along with a coolant change, which I feel is a reasonable price.

If anyone wants to get in contact, his email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:deepakgohil88@gmail.com">deepakgohil88@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> though he may be signing up shortly so it may be possible to PM him on here when he's on Smile
Thanks given by:
Derbyshire.

Saxo parts. langly mill. 07720663995 01773718188 bloke called jason.

just found this place and im glad i did. knows loads about french cars. lowered mine and fitted dampers for £75.

servise was £35. said he can do my cam belt (1.6) £130 all in. i could go on but just give him a ring.

hes on here as well. username... mandyslover70.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can vouch for the Jason top bloke and realy knows his stuff
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:Can vouch for the Jason top bloke and realy knows his stuff
was it you dan who passed his number on to me? someone on here did.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Probably i pass it on to everyone lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Jason's does a top job. He did my rear beam, seized shock and mounts at a great price.
Very happy.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Autotest - South Norwood, London
The place looks like a right shithole but the two guys there work very well and quickly. Nothing posh but they know there stuff, pricing is very reasonable and it is literally right next to norwood junction station so great for getting home should you need to.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ha ha Scotty copying my helpful scrappy thread Wink. Seriously mate is there anyway you can make these threads show at the top of each section like I dare say...pug.net ? So they're always at the top and cannot be affected by time recent post etc ?? Be very helpful when searching for things Smile

I'm going to be boring and say krisB as I look after my car myself as I'm a trained mechanic, when I haven't got the tools and have lots of jobs to do + don't like doing them..I see kris lol. Nice bloke, knows his shite and we have a good chuckle Smile. I think his prices for some of the work he's done for me has been really good, he let slip one time he stitched himself up, so I gave him 30 more. He did the cambelt, water pump, tensioner, full service and lowered the car with springs provided by Mr Airey for 270.

I would also say Connor knows his stuff and worth a visit...only issue is when he does work for me he wants food - he's a shite business man lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Chris the posts are stickied? They're always at the top of 'The Couch' section. The post icons may not be clear enough, but they'll be fixed on ForumV2 Smile
Thanks given by:
Cool beans
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone,

I know this isn't the traditional way to introduce myself but I'm Deepak; the chap Scott mentioned in the post at the top.

I carried out my apprenticeship with Robins and Day Peugeot Chiswick, gaining fully qualified service technician status with ATA accreditation. I then studied aircraft engineering and now work for the country's national flag carrier maintaning jumbo jets.

I'm based in West London, Southall and work from my garage at home. I am capable of all kinds of tasks on the 306, but my preference is timing belts and water pumps; for the simple fact that I do work full time and it's the kind of job that doesn't take a lot of my time and I have a good system for fitting them therefore can offer a good rate on them.

I have a couple of threads on 306gti6.com:
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=146977
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=113777

I know GTi6's inside out, but can just as easily work the other XU, TU, DW Etc engines.

I am having issues with sourcing parts at the moment as both GSF and ECP are very unreliable (nothing new there then) so I'm encouraging those who do have any work done to use genuine parts; although if an alternative is required we can work that out between us.

I work a 4 on 4 off night shift; some consider this flexible, but I'm available for pick ups and drop offs almost any time with enough notice.

I'd describe myself as friendly and reliable all the while staying competitive when it comes to price.

I hope some of you will get in contact as it's great to meet 306 owners; I've found they come in all shapes and sizes!

Regards,
Deepak Gohil
Thanks given by:
cheers kingy,etc for that!
Thanks given by:
North London Coachworks
10 St Loys Road
N17 6UA
020 8801 9321

Decent body repair prices (around £150 per panel) and good labour pricing on servicing and mechanical repairs
Thanks given by:
How much does Jason from Derbyshire charge to lower torsion bars?
[Image: 5dd0e8e7-1.jpg]
Blaze XUD Dturbo
Soon To Be Stage 2..
Thanks given by:
£75 I think it was mate.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Cheers bud
[Image: 5dd0e8e7-1.jpg]
Blaze XUD Dturbo
Soon To Be Stage 2..
Thanks given by:
He's really good and charges great rates for everything else as well. And doesn't change his mind if it's a bitch if a job as I found out Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
ME! For the Irish members, unit 7 flax center bt147da, 02890741227
Have ppo etc, most of my 15yrs exp is on dervs but the gay engines are welcome too lmao
Thanks given by:
how much for a bosch pump rebuild con? with gov mod etc
Thanks given by:
Not blowing my own trumpet but i owned my garage for the last year and a half... had a succesful first year and half am i now in the process of re locating to a new garage with 3 ramps and more room... i offer lowering servicing tyres basically everything. Im fully qualified and served my time with peugeot as a apprentice. i havent mentioned this on here befor because its not why i joined the site to promote my busisness but i always like to help out where i can.

O YEAH AND I LIVE FOR THE 306'S IM ON MY NINTH
Thanks given by:
Thorne rear beam hit me up?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 07:58 PM)thethorne Wrote: Not blowing my own trumpet but i owned my garage for the last year and a half... had a succesful first year and half am i now in the process of re locating to a new garage with 3 ramps and more room... i offer lowering servicing tyres basically everything. Im fully qualified and served my time with peugeot as a apprentice. i havent mentioned this on here befor because its not why i joined the site to promote my busisness but i always like to help out where i can.

O YEAH AND I LIVE FOR THE 306'S IM ON MY NINTH

I didnt expect you to ever mention that on here to be totally honest!! But i can vouch for your work. Its second to none, and always completed to the highest of standard!! This is the only person i will let work on any of my cars!! Not just saying it because he's my mate, but i can 100% highly reccomend without any doubt at all.. a Peugeot guru lol!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Any competent welders in the Brighton/south area??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Tbh the one garage I'd trust with my car if it had to come to it is Kimberly garage in southbourne, the guy that works on my car is an absolute lad. And they have a v8 lump out the back which he messes around with in his lucnchbreak. Getting it ready for the car. Which is a 205.....
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 03:42 PM)Matt Wrote: Tbh the one garage I'd trust with my car if it had to come to it is Kimberly garage in southbourne, the guy that works on my car is an absolute lad. And they have a v8 lump out the back which he messes around with in his lucnchbreak. Getting it ready for the car. Which is a 205.....

That's the garage that Amies dad uses, and the one I went to after my wheel fell off. Pretty tight place!
Thanks given by:
You mean, after your car "did a matt"
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 04:51 PM)samass Wrote: You mean, after your car "did a matt"

Rofl
Thanks given by:
For Bristol I'd recommend the Formula 1 Autocentre on Days road in St Phillips. Speak to Marek or Craig. Any work I can't/don't want to do on my cars gets given to them and they've always been great with me. Fair prices and don't do stuff that doesn't need doing etc etc.
Thanks given by:
Fucks sake. Why is it "did a Matt" I didn't happen that many times to me!
Also Vaughan why are you heading over to my end of the woods for stuff haha
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 01:45 PM)Matt Wrote: Fucks sake. Why is it "did a Matt" I didn't happen that many times to me!
Also Vaughan why are you heading over to my end of the woods for stuff haha

I'm thinking of completely the wrong place in the wrong town and wrong garage. Just forget I spoke.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well known good garages (west midlands) JTaylor2005 4 1,672 24-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Does anyone fit windscreens local to me? bashbarnard 10 2,194 30-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: allye
  Maybe moving.... to Stroud! Anyone local? cpikey316_ 5 3,297 29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_