Injector noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injector noise
Has anyone had experience with rattling injectors its really fast ticking noise starts at 2 thou and starts to disappear after 3 thou the car does smoke a little aswell but its black that could be the egr delete tho
Thanks given by:
Everyone with a HDi experiences this... lol

Its been covered quite a few times, have a search. Smile
Thanks given by:
Very common to happen.. Basically you just put up with it lol
Thanks given by:
Its quiet load i can cope with diesel knock but its a really fast rattle when under load it does not do it when just reved
Thanks given by:
Yes, its normal, search. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Just watched a video on another thread and its the same noise only mine is a bit worse would 2 stoke accltually help the noise or would having althem refurbed cure it
Thanks given by:
Cully had a set refurbed and they only lasted a short while before ticking again so that may not be the best route.

If you really are bothered by it, look for some low mileage '076' injectors to swap with. You can try the 2 stroke, won't do any harm and you can let us know if it works lol.
Thanks given by:
Haha i have heard about it befor but dont no weather to try it or not the noise bugs me quiet a bit so think i will try it and get back to you on that one cheers for help lads
Thanks given by:
Two-stroke is meant to help a lot, my refurbished injectors did solve the rattling noise though, as well as getting me a bit of mpg.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Argh i have this noise, it really bugs me... would be great to find a solution... may just get a straight through exhaust to cover the noise xD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new random noise?! Injector Leak? td163 3 1,004 17-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  injector noise sherman306 30 6,724 10-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005