Anyone used 2-stroke oil in a HDI?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone used 2-stroke oil in a HDI?
(08-05-2015, 07:32 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 06:12 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Yeah but it's only a one time buy so the cost will spread out over the time ur using 2 - stroke oil
I was just messing around mate lol
Haha same. My humour often doesn't come across that easily haha Tongue 
Thanks given by:
So will any 2 stroke do the job or what's the best of what kind lol
Thanks given by:
Dude, read the thread, everyone just discussed that like five posts ago lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-05-2015, 02:48 AM)Deangatt Wrote: So will any 2 stroke do the job or what's the best of what kind lol

The red low ash type ;p
Asda sell it £5 for 1 litre I think 
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2015, 11:30 AM)kee616 Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 02:48 AM)Deangatt Wrote: So will any 2 stroke do the job or what's the best of what kind lol

The red low ash type ;p
Asda sell it £5 for 1 litre I think 

Does that bottle state if it's mineral or synthetic? Remember checking my local asda and it didn't specify which it was
Thanks given by:
Yeah so.... f*cking went a little overboard with the 2 stroke in the tank lololol

Bought a 500ml and I have 200ml left :o whoops!

I put £48 worth of diesel behind it so hopefully it won't be too bad but is there anything i should be looking out for...like injectors or pump wise (hi and lo pressure) ?

Got a longish drive tomorrow to Chelmsford and I'm a bit troubled by the consequences of my heavy handed actions. I personally cant see what the problems would be... but the sensors on the engine might?

Anyone got any input on this Wink

Ah rats! Missed the post by Ice and Cully :facepalm:

Sorry i read a few posts back, so it might get a bit smokey and thats all then Big Grin Well lets see how quiet she runs Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
I've been using it the last few hundred miles, no major difference. Does sound a tad quieter but could be placebo
Thanks given by:
Could just be a placebo effect Wink i'll be keeping an ear out for any difference. Im gonna give her a bit of a clear out to blow all them cobwebs away down the M1 and M25 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I've noticed it feel the same as when i use v power diesel, which again could just be a placebo lol
Thanks given by:
Mine rattled as much with it as without haha. Even gone to just using regular diesel now and it's hardly made a difference haha
Thanks given by:
Mine seems to like the extra cetane. It doesnt work out much more anyway so use it whenever i'm passing a shell station
Thanks given by:
Well, it could be placebo...but mine sounds less knocky Smile she's been picking up well too. Could have been the 410miles blast/clearout but the pull is a bit better so it can't have hurt. Im still hearing knocks but i think that has something to do with the lower engine mount...maybe top too Sad I think the exhaust is still tapping... but thats another thread

So yeah, i think i might use the 2 stroke for a while longer... then stop using it for a bit so i can compare again Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Tbf I gave mine some proper abuse last night and tbf even on bog standard diesel with no 2 Stoke it ran amazing. Click but apparently that's noting anyway.
Thanks given by:
Well. Having seen a 1l bottle of super cheap 2 - stroke oil in ASDA I thought I would give it a go again. This stuff specifies that it's low ash. Didn't look if it was mineral, synthetic or semi synthetic but having put it into a full tank it has made the injectors sooo much quieter. Like really quiet haha. Can't complain for £5 every 3 tanks
Thanks given by: