The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
Bananalad Wrote:You must be like a pencil tom lol

Yeah pretty much.....but need to save as much weight as possible driving the nad....pretty sure it adds a second or two to the 0-60 if I haven't shit before I go out in it. lmao
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Go boxing that will sort you out

+1, I used to be in great shape when I was younger, all down to rugby league and boxing because I could never really be arsed with the gym, it bored me.

This will shock anyone who's met me, but I used to be fairly fit, I played rugby once a week, went to rugby training 3 days a week and went boxing once a week as well, kept me in great shape!

Then I went down badly in a tackle playing in the Yorkshire trophy and my knee went backwards, breaking my kneecap, tearing the cartilage and my cruciate ligament all in one go Sad

I've had 4 ops on it since, and even now if I try to play rugby or do any cardio bar swimming it just swells and locks up. I got pretty depressed about it because I think I had a decent future ahead of me in rugby, I'd had trials with a few clubs, including Halifax and Wakefield who were both in super league at the time, and a lot of lads I played with now play proffesionally, so I just started drinking heavily and going out every night, and now I've put 5 stone on because of that...

I'm having another knee op in June, so I'm hoping I might be able to play again after that, but as anyone who's met me will know, I have A LOT of weight to shift and a lot of muscle mass to recover first. Obviously too late for me to play professionally, but I love the game and just want to play again Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I play 5 games of 5 a side, 1 game of 11's and 1 evening of training which includes general fitness i.e, push ups, sit ups etc.

My advice is get involved in a sport as this will help alot, oh and i dnt reali have much of a diet lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Squat: kg?
Bench: kg?
Deadlift: kg?

Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
140kg
130kg
165kg
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Ill let you know in a week or two Smile
Thanks given by:
Used to go to the gym, mainly to try bulk up as I'm a skinny git..never worked though lol. A mixture of regular XC MTB and a active job keep me fit nowadays!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Just back now.. Worked on the legs..

On a diet plan now eating small meals every 3 hours and taking protein shakes too Smile
Thanks given by:
Dunno what it is in kilos, but I'm up to a mammoth 9 stone now Tongue probs about 5'8"? I reckon my body fat percentage must be sub-10% lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Around 57 kilo kezzieboy lol
Thanks given by:
Wow kez.... We can be underweight fwends lol but I do have an extra 4 inches :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:...I do have an extra 4 inches :?

More than I wanted to know mate lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Just back now.. Worked on the legs..

On a diet plan now eating small meals every 3 hours and taking protein shakes too Smile

Can't see that lasting more then a week..

Your not going to eat every 3 hours every day so why be so harsh on yourself?

Make small realistic and maintainable changes every now and then and your more likely to succeed in the long term.

Also try saying "no" when offered something you'd normally accept. You'll feel good afterward.

Also if you have an iPod/iPhone/iPad or even regular PC access I'd highly recommend using an app called "MyFitnessPal". It's a great little app for logging foods (scan bar-code or search by name). It also allows you to keep an eye on how much you've actually ate, you may be shocked by how much food intake varies from day to day.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
silverzx Wrote:
Bananalad Wrote:Just back now.. Worked on the legs..

Can't see that lasting more then a week..

Your not going to eat every 3 hours every day so why be so harsh on yourself?

Make small realistic and maintainable changes every now and then and your more likely to succeed in the long term.

Also try saying "no" when offered something you'd normally accept. You'll feel good afterward.

Also if you have an iPod/iPhone/iPad or even regular PC access I'd highly recommend using an app called "MyFitnessPal". It's a great little app for logging foods (scan bar-code or search by name). It also allows you to keep an eye on how much you've actually ate, you may be shocked by how much food intake varies from day to day.

I have been eating 3 hours a day its 5-6 meals a day and im never hungry lol And its not very strict but im sticking to it well enough Smile
Thanks given by:
Did it for about 4 months in last year of uni with serious amounts of eating and protein. Put on a good 1 1/2 stone but have since lost it all again. It was ok and it was satisfying to see yourself getting bigger but it's just a bit of a ball ache tbh, I don't physically have time to eat 5/6 meals a day any more.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Biggest thing for me is getting there lol Like if i see myself getting bigger/losing fat it will encourage me to do more but if i go for 2-3 months and see no difference ill give up lol
Thanks given by:
Im 13 stone now, definatly time to get to the gym and get some major cardio in!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone recommend protein that is low in carbs? Ive been looking on my protein but i dont know what to go for lol
Thanks given by:
Just start going to the gym and eat healthy at first, then determine your supplements from there.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive been a gym addict for roughly 5 years now. Currently training for my first comp in september if i can strip in time ive left it a bit late so may have to miss and compete next year, just 6 weeks away from completing my bulking program. Currently 15st 9 @ 5ft 10 at roughly 12% body fat soon to be sub 6%
Spend an absolute fortune on food and suppliments and nutrients. its 90% about the diet and then the rest correct training. Im currently eating roughly 8000 calories a day recommended intake 2200 haha, but was weighing in at 14st dead in jan so had some good gains.
training roughly 6 days a week an hour and half max per day, no cardio or resistance training yet until ive finished bulking.

Leg Press: 530kg 600kg next week Smile
Squat: 180kg
Bench: 160kg
Deadlift: 230kg

[Image: 20120422_130734.jpg]
thats what 530kg looks like Smile and why i have 30" thighs lol

and heres some of suppliments
[Image: 2012-03-04135004.jpg]

and this mornings delivery haha
[Image: 20120430_090321.jpg]

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha are you serious i only do 100 kilos on the leg press lol
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Ha are you serious i only do 100 kilos on the leg press lol

Deadly serious pal i am going for 600kg next sunday but we have maxed the machine out and ordered some straps to strap more plates to it haha.

I have 30" thighs which is probably most peoples waist size on here by the weights posted lol

legs are most important park of body when it comes to training apparently you increase natural testosterone and Growth hormone by training them

CJ
Thanks given by:
Can you even fit in a 306? lol I only do 10-15 minutes cardio and train legs on a thursday Smile Looks like you get all your stuff from my protein? Could you recommend something for me? High protein and low carbs lol
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Can you even fit in a 306? lol I only do 10-15 minutes cardio and train legs on a thursday Smile Looks like you get all your stuff from my protein? Could you recommend something for me? High protein and low carbs lol

i spend about 200-250 a month on my protien lol,

Depends what your aiming for youd have to search for a high protien low carb impact whey isolate is the best for that id say,

as im currently consuming the following
breakfast protien (essential nutrients),
then whey isolate followed by instant oats,
then dinnertimish whey protien + instant oats.
then before training jack3d and instant oats mixed with 5g creatine monohydrate, 10g Taurine, 5g Glutamine 5g Bcaa's as a pre workout boost
then after training - True Gainer mixed with creatine glucanate,
before bed low casius Smooth Milk protien mixed with 5g of taurine

and eating roughly every 2 hours and have a very strict High Carb diet atm

But all this changed in 6 weeks lol

CJ
Thanks given by:
Ive been looking at the best sellers on myprotein and seen this http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/im ... ey-protein it works out around 45 euro for 50 days lol

Thats taking 2 shakes a day and im on a diet lol Would that be ok for an all round protein? Im only starting so just want to put on some muscle/lose some fat Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah that should be ok form an all rounder, id take one in the morning and one straight after training. they have that one on offer buy 3 get 1 free and if you let me know when your ordering i can giv you a MP code to get extra 5% off lol

Do some research on cardio/ fat burning as they are 2 different things cardio isnt really for fat burning, low resistance training ie use bike in gym on resistance level 1 at no more than 60rpm for an hour and half is much better for burning fat but like i said previous 90% is the diet
Thanks given by:
CJ_Derv Wrote:Yeah that should be ok form an all rounder, id take one in the morning and one straight after training. they have that one on offer buy 3 get 1 free and if you let me know when your ordering i can giv you a MP code to get extra 5% off lol

Do some research on cardio/ fat burning as they are 2 different things cardio isnt really for fat burning, low resistance training ie use bike in gym on resistance level 1 at no more than 60rpm for an hour and half is much better for burning fat but like i said previous 90% is the diet

I'm starting the gym on Wednesday, need to get rid of all this fat again, what would you say was best for loosing fat? I used to use the cross trainer at a Low resistance. But never stayed on it long as always wanted to just use the weights lol.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
CJ_Derv Wrote:Yeah that should be ok form an all rounder, id take one in the morning and one straight after training. they have that one on offer buy 3 get 1 free and if you let me know when your ordering i can giv you a MP code to get extra 5% off lol

Im buying them now actually ive 1kg strawberry and 1kg cookies and cream in my basket lol What do you think for third and fourth? Ill do some research before gym tonight Smile
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:

Im buying them now actually ive 1kg strawberry and 1kg cookies and cream in my basket lol What do you think for third and fourth? Ill do some research before gym tonight Smile

Use this code for bit extra discount, MP545151 as for flavours its personal choice tbh i stick to choc and strawberry lol, have that many all tastes the same now haha
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:

I'm starting the gym on Wednesday, need to get rid of all this fat again, what would you say was best for loosing fat? I used to use the cross trainer at a Low resistance. But never stayed on it long as always wanted to just use the weights lol.

do what you used to but at least try and stay on for 45 mins and build it up. less resistance is much better than cardiovascular, as it burns the fat as opposed to making you fitter if that makes sense. or i find treadmill at 4.2mph on slight incline for an hour its like a fast walk

ive always loved this sayin.... keeps me goin....

the only time its too late to change yourself is when your dead! until then, your just making excuses or lying to yourself.

and another shut the fook up and train!! lol

gettin the motivation is the key get a mate with similar goals or make a friend in the gym to train with this helps soo much
Thanks given by: