The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
(28-11-2013, 08:39 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Iv never warmed up in 7 years lol I have quick stretch on body part im training then warmup is your first set lol

So you do warm up...
I'm not talking about doing a half hour warm up exercise. But if you lift lighter than your max working set then that is warming up. =/
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I tend to warm up like so:

Squat 21kg (bar) x 10, 41kg x 6, 61kg x 3, (73.5kg x 5) x 3.

Same for every exercise, work up the weight and drop reps as you go.

Works for me!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2013, 12:26 PM)Jake Wrote:
(28-11-2013, 08:39 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Iv never warmed up in 7 years lol I have quick stretch on body part im training then warmup is your first set lol

So you do warm up...
I'm not talking about doing a half hour warm up exercise. But if you lift lighter than your max working set then that is warming up. =/

Not tht depends on what type of session im doing if im going for balls out extreme weight n pb even my first set wil only be like 4 reps slightly over a usual warm up set
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive got really into the whole gym thing include diets, exercises etc as well as mixing things up every once in a while, I currently study Nutrition and Food Science at Northumbria University in which helps a bit with background info on all the nutrients etc. I also enjoy reading through bodybuilding articles and as such.

My current weekly routine is as follows;

Mondays - Back, Bis, Tris, Abs
Wednesdays - Chest, Shoulders, Abs
Fridays - Legs, Shoulders, Bis, Tris

Ive bulked this summer and put quite a bit of weight and muscle on from the build I used to be, I just ate loads of brown carbohydrates, high protein as well as high fats, was most likely having over 6000 a day this summer, went up to 13 stone 2 from 11 stone, now gone back down and maintaining my weight at 12 stone 4. Just started taking protein whey from myprotein, not really a magic supplement, to me its just very handy to have after each workout with milk rather than lots of nuts and oats, so is cheaper to buy and also easier and quicker to have. Currently 11% body fat but always will find it hard to cut calories as I like my food and so will not see below 10% very easily! If anyone has any questions on anything, nutrition or gym related I will happily answer them Smile
Thanks given by:
Not being too critical but training shoulders, bi's n tri's twice a week when generally all 3 groups are such small muscles, and wouldnt recommend doin bi's n tri's same day.
From my experience id recomment back n bi's but throw your tricep session in after chest as youve already worked it so less training and better gains and do shoulders with legs but stil throw the abs in each time just sepaprates muscle groups.
As your using half the muscles for chest as you do shoulders so your noy going to exert the shoulders as much as you could training them on a different day to chest.
Also read up on leg training and how doing it at the start of the week Is best as training legs releases a hormone that induces higher testosterone throughout the week Wink
Just 8 years of experience lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 11:04 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Also read up on leg training and how doing it at the start of the week Is best as training legs releases a hormone that induces higher testosterone throughout the week Wink

Or just squat three days a week. ThumbsUp
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 11:04 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Not being too critical but training shoulders, bi's n tri's twice a week when generally all 3 groups are such small muscles, and wouldnt recommend doin bi's n tri's same day.
From my experience id recomment back n bi's but throw your tricep session in after chest as youve already worked it so less training and better gains and do shoulders with legs but stil throw the abs in each time just sepaprates muscle groups.
As your using half the muscles for chest as you do shoulders so your noy going to exert the shoulders as much as you could training them on a different day to chest.
Also read up on leg training and how doing it at the start of the week Is best as training legs releases a hormone that induces higher testosterone throughout the week Wink

To be honest I think its really just what your body responds to best as well as your daily patterns. For example, i cant train legs more than once a week as i play squash for the uni first team as well as my home club on mondays and wednesday so doing legs on Mondays or wednesdays are not an option. I also find that i don't really have the time to be doing every muscle.

As above again, I've tried that in the past and it hasn't worked for me, its all trial and error really as you know.

Didn't know about that leg training on Mondays and testosterone but unfortunately i cant do them on Mondays, thanks though Smile

(30-11-2013, 10:18 AM)MY95 Wrote:
(29-11-2013, 11:04 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Not being too critical but training shoulders, bi's n tri's twice a week when generally all 3 groups are such small muscles, and wouldnt recommend doin bi's n tri's same day.

To be honest I think its really just what your body responds to best as well as your daily patterns. For example, i cant train legs more than once a week as i play squash for the uni first team as well as my home club on mondays and wednesday so doing legs on Mondays or wednesdays are not an option. I also find that i don't really have the time to be doing every muscle.

As above again, I've tried that in the past and it hasn't worked for me, its all trial and error really as you know.

Didn't know about that leg training on Mondays and testosterone but unfortunately i cant do them on Mondays, thanks though Smile

Every muscle 2x a week*
Thanks given by:
Hey guys, just bumping this.

I am now down to 13.7 from 16.10, just been cutting out crap that i was eating and doing a few weights. Picked up loads more work (I'm a sports coach) so hopefully i will be able to stay in this shape.

How are you guys getting on?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I'm doing crap if I'm honest still go to gym, not really lost any weight, all tho I am very slowly seeing change in my muscle definition, would really like to lose some weight tho, but can focus more now Christmas has gone by and I'm not sat eating all chocolates lol think I might get personal trainer back again but just wondering if I should switch to a different trainer as there's a lad who does it who is a body builder think I would learn more from him than the woman I see at the min.

Thanks given by: