PAS delete

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAS delete
Im thinking about removing my pas on my motor. Almost every car I've had without pas feels better. Except when parking. Id just like to hear from people who had done it? How they had done it? (ram removal or new rack) Were they happy with the results?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
anyone? im being impatient for once.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Jonny all the numbers would be the guy to talk to about this. Removing the pump, ram and pipework is simple but you will end up with play slightly in the steering due to a slight gap either side of the shuttle being taken up by the fluid pressure. I think he welded it up but I'm not sure what he welded lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. ill have the engine out when i do this so i could weld it at that point if need be.
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=18204

Do it! Just make sure your MOT tester isn't a complete lady garden otherwise he'll fail it as it had PAS from the factory. lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yours was pretty heavy going in slow corners, Jonny, did feel nice though. Aren't you planning on doing something with a 2.1, bash? That'll be hell to manoeveur under about 15mph with all that weight over the front.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah, it was heavy but tbh i got used to it fairly quickly, does make parking a bit more difficult though Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Could just fit EPAS? And then have it switch off above x mph? Still got your pansy park assist so best of both worlds?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah but its only a little extra weight. Lol. That's when I'm thinking of doing it while engines out for conversion. I did look into epas but I like the idea of no pas. So its a little harder to park, that's like 1% of total driving time in my view.

So remove ram and weld up play. Seems simple enough. My mot tester is fine cant see it being an issue.
Thanks given by:
Parking maybe 1% of driving time but its probably like 50% of steering! I wouldn't go with no PAS but each to their own, 306 steering is heavy enough as it is lol.
Thanks given by:
306 steering isn't heavy at all. Have you ever drove an old landy!
The question that I really want to ask is Jonny. Was it worth it?
Thanks given by:
Heavy for its age/weight then lol. Though I tend to squeeze into tiny spaces where the car doesn't really fit so dry steer a lot... I even found the lack of PAS annoying on a 106 with skinny tyres! lol
Thanks given by:
Each to their own I guess. I like the "feel" of non pas. Makes me feel like I'm driving the car
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 08:42 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: 306 steering isn't heavy at all. Have you ever drove an old landy!
The question that I really want to ask is Jonny. Was it worth it?

Daft question, everything Jonny does/has done is worth it, in his eyes at least. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just to let people know. Lo e the pas delete. Its epic!!
Thanks given by:
You ppl are giving me ideas!

No pas means no pas pump, together with no AC means only the alternator left, so no need for a belt tensioner, and no need for such a big/heavy alternator mount... Hmmmm I'm liking where this is going!
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
That's what I've done. Stretch belt FTW
Thanks given by:
[Image: 5e078564ea54c9cb889a5ab0ab97df5d.jpg]
Did my pas delete the other month, easy [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by: