Connects2 adapter on 206 not charging iphone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connects2 adapter on 206 not charging iphone
Now  I think I know what the problem is but want to get some ideas on this.
Sisters 206CC
Stock Peugeot headunit
Has an older Connects2 iphone adapter (30 pin output) this setup: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctapgipo...06-607-807
Worked with an older 30pin style ipod fine, but now my sister has an iPhone with a lightning connector, iphone5? So bought the 30pin to lightning adapter, music still plays fine but will no longer charge.

Do you think there is a way to tap an extra 5V source into the adapter somewhere to charge the iPhone? I guess the amperage isn't high enough through the 30 pin cable? 

Or am I complicating things and there is a way easier way! 
Thanks given by:
most new smart phone wont charge unless the 5v supply can achieve 2000mA's or more

im guessing youve answered your own question and maybe she needs a different power source

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
But the power source has to come through the Connects2 adapter, I'm thinking maybe some Y cable with one end coming from a cigarette style socket?
Or solder right into the board with an additional source?
Thanks given by:
The missus has one of these in her 206cc with a lightning adaptor and it works fine. Are you sure its not a iffy adaptor? There is a LOT of them about!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
hmmm, same Connects2 to 30pin to lightning? It's a genuine Apple 30pin to lightning cable she's got.
I'll confirm charging status tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 05:25 PM)Niall Wrote: The missus has one of these in her 206cc with a lightning adaptor and it works fine. Are you sure its not a iffy adaptor? There is a LOT of them about!

Can you photo the end of your connects 30pin cable? 
I looked at this one and it only has some of the pins in there, perhaps enough to charge and get data from an ipod, but only enough to get data out of an iphone? 
Thanks given by: