Cooling fan wiring harness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooling fan wiring harness
Help!!

I have been repairing the wiring harness on the cooling fan cowl, somebody cut all the original wires then twisted some long cables to the cut motor wires and ran them to a switch inside the car.  Speechless

The question I have is there are three cables at the base of the cowl which of course have been cut short Nospeak  from memory on my previous DTurbo's these cables (and plug) ran up the N/S edge of the radiator and connect to a cooling fan switch?

I am not sure if this radiator switch should exist in an S16 or if the fans are controlled from elsewhere? (The car has no A/C)

[attachment=22663]

One last thing, I may be missing a relay, looking through the Haynes manual the top relays are basic on/off relays for the motors and the bottom relay is a switch over, should there be a relay in place here?? Again I am not sure on an S16.

[attachment=22662]
Thanks given by:
I have just been reading on another forum about S16 cooling and it turns out that the cooling fans above are wrong for my car making the wiring loom incorrect. Apparently there should only be a single fan and it is control by the Bitron unit which I have found, so can I get away with what I have? I assume the Bitron unit just sends a signal to the relay to switch the fan(s) on?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  door harness wire diagram dturbopeck 7 4,306 27-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306