Will it last?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will it last?
Hi all, first of all, I apologize if this is the wrong section but it seemed like it would be the most appropriate one. Basically I have a 106 which is now beyond economical repair so, since I'm young and have practically no savings, I'm going to take out a loan to buy a car that wont kill me. (That 106 is getting SERIOUSLY unsafe)

Would a 306 D-Turbo last the 2 years its going to take to pay off the loan or are they getting a bit old now? I've also looked at Boras and Golfs and Leons and all that sorta thing but I'm worried about all the electrical things like sensors that could be costly to repair if they go wrong so I thought a D-Turbo would be a good way to go since it's all old school. I've had a D-Turbo in the past and loved it so I already know that I really like the cars, I'm just worried because, as with any car I'll buy, It's gunna need to last the next 2 years.

Any thoughts? and yes, I've looked at HDIs but theyre more expensive to insure and have the same issue as the VAG groups cars I've looked at in that they have sensors and other electrics that can go wrong.

Cheers 
Thanks given by:
How expensive is this DT if you need a 2 year loan to pay for it?
Thanks given by:
A good D-Turbo over here is around £1200 then I have the extra money for insurance to pay as well. When I say I've practically no savings, I mean I have no savings, lol. The 106 is much too unsafe now to drive while saving up so I've no other choice unfortunately but to take out a loan
Thanks given by:
Will any car last 2 years? Not if I go near it... Confused

£1200 for a DT!? Crikey, won't be moving to NI then. lol
Thanks given by:
I've a bad track record with cars too, mate. I want it to be different this time Tongue

and £1200 isnt even the dearest! The REALLY mint ones are £1500/1600! They're seen as the holy grail of cars over here and are massively overpriced, haha
Thanks given by:
Need to start exporting DTurbos to NI...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just out of interest, what does a good condition D-Turbo go for in England?
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 08:57 PM)AdamInNi Wrote: Just out of interest, what does a good condition D-Turbo go for in England?

Like £500/600 for a decent one, I paid £600 for mine and people in here say it was over priced haha 
Thanks given by:
That crazy! Over here, they are going for that in rather tatty condition with no MOT on it!
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 09:04 PM)AdamInNi Wrote: That crazy! Over here, they are going for that in rather tatty condition with no MOT on it!

Jesus, if I ever sell mine I'm selling it in NI haha
Thanks given by:
Probably a good way to go, boys will pay a fortune for it if it's in good nick! This country is messed up, lol
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 09:17 PM)AdamInNi Wrote: Probably a good way to go, boys will pay a fortune for it if it's in good nick! This country is messed up, lol

Haha could it be cheaper to buy one here and take it Over to NI?
Thanks given by:
May well be. I'll have to see how much a flight over and a boat back would cost
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 09:37 PM)AdamInNi Wrote: May well be. I'll have to see how much a flight over and a boat back would cost

Yeah have a look, could work out cheaper 
Thanks given by:
If you search about you'll pcik up plently of 306's for sensible money over here aswell. Boras, golfs etc are a good car aswell give very little trouble aswell, and parts arent dear for them either.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Conor. I'll have a look about and see what I can find whenever I actually have the money through Smile
Thanks given by:
I have a a S reg 306 td dose 200 miles a week to and from work did 200 miles at the weekend with no problems just change the oil and filter on it every 5K its on 178K miles now. got a 2 door one that I no longer use because its 2inchs shorted then it should be and rotten that was 500 miles away from 200000 and wasn't looked after for most of its life and had fuel etc turned up only come off the road as the mot run out sod paying 1200 for any diesel 306 tho lol
Thanks given by:
My last one cost me £300, only needed a rad 6 months mot and three months tax Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Well I paid £450 for my phase 1 dturbo, other than fitting a shit bosch pump I've not had any problems.
I'm doing about 4k miles a month on veg oil at that.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: