Am I missing a pipe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing a pipe?
Is it just me or am I missing a pipe from here? When engine is hot and stood it sometimes releases a little pressure along with coolant.... [attachment=22600]
Thanks given by:
I suppose you are missing the pipe, but on mine, that pipe is literally only about 4" long at most! So it's not like you're missing much! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rite that's fine then.... I will get a bit of general pipe just to route it so it doesn't leak everywhere lol. Cheers mate
Thanks given by:
It's just the overflow, if its chucking it out regularly there may be an issue.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have only recently noticed the dried coolant around the tank as you can see in the picture. Watching it idle after a long drive it spat little bits and bobs out just few drips really as it got to around 80 degrees on the gauge....temp usually is around 72/75 ish on the gauge.
Thanks given by:
Weathers getting hotter, it's normal.
Thanks given by:
Not if you don't regularly overfill your header tank it's not, it's probably just the cap getting a bit old. Should sit around 80, probably got a stuck thermostat there.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Really! I have always been told hdis sit lower 70s normally! When it went to 80 sat on the drive I just put that down to engine warming itself before fans kicked in.

I struggled to find a max marker on the coolant tank too so I just filled it the top of the bit of plastic inside the tank sat in the middle
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 09:13 AM)td163 Wrote: Really! I have always been told hdis sit lower 70s normally! When it went to 80 sat on the drive I just put that down to engine warming itself before fans kicked in.

I struggled to find a max marker on the coolant tank too so I just filled it the top of the bit of plastic inside the tank sat in the middle

It says 'max' under the red arrow in your pic Tongue

Its halfway up where the lip is
Thanks given by:
I mean cause it's not see through its hard to tell looking inside the tank when it hits the seam lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah that seems to be a popular misconception...

That plastic marker is the level indicator for the exact reason you've stated, so that should be fine.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate! I'll start buy sorting the thermo & a new coolant cap see how we go. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  missing relay pug306driver 10 1,506 25-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Bit of a stange one missing and back firing titch 24 4,190 29-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Last Post: titch