gearbox seals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gearbox seals
Any one no if the drive shaft seals on an xud box are the same for both passenger and drivers side shaft??? 

Thanks given by:
No they're not, smaller one in the speedo drive side.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 10:00 AM)Toms306 Wrote: No they're not, smaller one in the speedo drive side.

Is that a definite no, I've never changed them before but drivers side one is leaking slightly. And ash has one but we don't no what one he has, any way of knowing what sizes each side is?

Thanks given by:
Definite no. Drivers side is the smaller one. 47mm outside diameter.

Passenger side is 58mm outer.

That's for ALL BE3/4 boxes as far as I'm aware.
Thanks given by:
P312146  10B01 Seal

P1608816780  10B02 Seal

That's the part numbers mate Smile I got some when I changed my clutch a few months back
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 10:32 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Definite no. Drivers side is the smaller one. 47mm outside diameter.

Passenger side is 58mm outer.

That's for ALL BE3/4 boxes as far as I'm aware.

Thanks for that tom he's got wrong one so looks like I'm stuck with out a car till I can get one from pug or Citroën Sad or just run it with no oil? Will it die? Lol

(05-04-2015, 10:39 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: P312146  10B01 Seal

P1608816780  10B02 Seal

That's the part numbers mate Smile I got some when I changed my clutch a few months back

Thanks

Thanks given by:
The oil will only leak down to just below the level of the seal anyway, I've run them like that for a few miles without issue... Of course if you do that at your own risk though lol.

I am assuming that you haven't already drained the oil and removed the seal...if that's the case then definitely don't drive it lol.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The oil will only leak down to just below the level of the seal anyway, I've run them like that for a few miles without issue... Of course if you do that at your own risk though lol.

I am assuming that you haven't already drained the oil and removed the seal...if that's the case then definitely don't drive it lol.

Nah seal still in, just fitted new drive shaft while lowering it etc, it's only dripping very slowly but still leaking so not ideal, just have to see how it goes hope it don't kill gearbox why I'm waiting for a new seal

Thanks given by:
Should be fine tbh then!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox seals shot CJ_Derv 11 2,401 10-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv