Dturbo HDi 5 doors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dturbo HDi 5 doors
Just showing a bit of interest as I haven't seen many of these about Sad I've got one and just wanted to see how many of you guys and gals own one. Are they like rocking horse shiz??

I suppose colour, mileage, name and age would be nice to know too (if you are as sad as me) Smile

Mine is diablo, 154k miles, Dee-Dee and 'W' reg with stage 1 remap and other lil bits and pieces done...

Anyone else out there???
Thanks given by:
Can't be that rare, I've owned 2... lol

One was crashed so broken for parts in 2013 at 135k on an X plate. The other, a V plate, suffered cambelt failure at 150k so I swapped another 125k engine into it, drove it a while then sold to Toseland on here.

Both in 'old lady' moonstone unfortunately! Itwasntme lol
Thanks given by:
Ive got a five door estate dturbo on an s reg.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Oi, leave moonstone alone u bully!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
There not the most common combo, I'd be happy to find a Ph1 DTurbo for sale at all.
Thanks given by:
Tbf I like the moonstone with gunmetal grey cyclones and blacked windows it looks quite smart haha
Thanks given by:
Not hdi but I've had two genuine phase 1 5 door d-turbos now, my old sigma that got written off and my new cherry, they are pretty rare though now Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Only good thing about moonstone is that it cant get dirty, cant remember the last time mine was washed and the only way it looks a little dirty, is where my leg rubs the side skirt clean lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So still, not many then Sad

I'm constantly on the lookout for them but the spoiler eludes lol. I only see meridian's and hdi dturbo 3drs...oh and the older phase xud's of course. I was just trying to see if there were many owners on here that have them?
Thanks given by:
So Ive spotted a couple of proud owners on here so I don't feel like I'm all alone Big Grin Just around where I live is lacking Wink

Any others out there currently rocking about in the 5dr HDi Dtubs??
Thanks given by:
I just sold one recently it was Astor Grey, 140k, V reg with a stage 1 map straight through exhaust.
Thanks given by:
Astor...Nice Wink there's days when i wish mine was astor... generally when it needs a wash HA! Big Grin

It hasn't been washed this year yet lol it will be soon though, got birdshit on the roof and we can't have that! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hey,

I just joined the forum and saw this, though you might like to know I have a 5dr 2.0 D Turbo Big Grin V reg, Black, 15" Cyclone's, has too many miles on at the moment (205000) but am trying to get an engine with less miles, but not too sure on how the laws with that works.
Thanks given by:
DUDE, run it till it dies!

good to hear you have one Big Grin just look after it with services and a cam belt kit and you'll be laughing, 205000 is just middle aged lol Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by: Raiden_Ryo
HAHA.. I dont want it to die LOL... I love it best car ive driven and have gone through a few, such as Audi a3 etc lol. just fun all over the place, so was hoping that could make it last even longer somehow lol as I do have big ideas and project for it Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2015, 02:25 PM)Raiden_Ryo Wrote: HAHA.. I dont want it to die LOL... I love it best car ive driven and have gone through a few, such as Audi a3 etc lol. just fun all over the place, so was hoping that could make it last even longer somehow lol as I do have big ideas and project for it Smile

Do tell, im intrigued..
Thanks given by:
If you've got big plans, why not buy another engine and start building that up as your project. Then you've got the back up if you need it (shouldn't think you will, these go forever) and still have something to play with.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well im planning to refurbiah all the interior, as the years have started to take it out on the car, even though I have to say for its age it is on good condition, after ive sorted that I want to have the outside resprayed and have the alloys refurbished aswell, as whoever owned the car last wasnt very careful with them Sad ...
Once im done with that ill be changing the suspension to coilovers, change the exhaust to a straight flow one, change the air box to a decent air filter system, much more, however all of this will depend on whether I change the engine or not, I can buy an engine with less then 100K on it for £170.00, all im worrying about is the laws on changing engines, the engine will be the same, just less miles, so I dont know if insurance would see that as a "hardcore" mod or if it wouldnt have impact on insurance as its like for like.. :/ thanks for all the comments Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If you're going to fmic and stuff, the insurance would know straight away if you or someone put a claim in on it as its a very obv. modification but I don't think dropping another engine in is that obv. to them though, post accident/incident.
I think dropping an engine in would be a waste of time if there is nothing wrong with the original too, unless you do what Poodle suggests, buy another, do it up and you got a very nice spare...it would be easier in the long run for you (more room to work around), but rest assured, 205000 is pretty decent and the HDi engine is a hard bastard if looked after regularly Wink you could just go around the engine checking the old and replacing with new: injectors, glow plugs, sensors etc.

but there is always the old proverb looming, 'if it aint broke, don't fix it...' thats why I said drive it 'til it dies Wink

edit addition:

Just my view on air box change, the standard on these is awesome with k&n panel filter...much better than sacking it all off and sticking a cone on, i have a cone and there is a lot of heat from the bay...another suggestion would be enclosed induction kit but they can be pricey Wink

the cold air intake on the standard is pretty unobtrusive too, just my opinion mate Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Sorry, withouth wanting to sound silly what does FMIC mean? :$

Well thats the thing, im just waiting for pay day at the moment to see if there is something wrong with it, unfortunately im not greatly mechanically minded, so I will try and explain what my worry with the current engine is, so bear with me, I believe I have an extremely slow oil leak (Which I want to fix before It becomes serious), as you stand in front of your engine bay, if you look at the top of your engine, just behind it, you have what i belive is some type of Manifold pipe of sorts, I have reason to belive my oil leak is coming from there, I cleaned all the oil off this particular pipe and withing a couple of weeks the oil was back there, but as i mentioned, im not greatly mechanically minded, so its hard to explain exactly what it is, I would post a picture of it, but I dont know how to do that, as I can find an option on here.

Also, on the air box, the only reason I wanted to change it was due to the fact that, per general rule, standard air boxes/filters tend to be very limited in the air allowed in, from what I have been explain, so that was one of the reasons for wanting to change it, simply to improve air flow, but if you say that these are good and can be improved by simply changing the filter itself, then im quite happy with doing that.

and please keep providing opinion, it was the whole reason I join the forum, had hopes I would find people with similar interests and more knowledge, so thank you for all the posts and advise Big Grin

Sorry, withouth wanting to sound silly what does FMIC mean? :$

Well thats the thing, im just waiting for pay day at the moment to see if there is something wrong with it, unfortunately im not greatly mechanically minded, so I will try and explain what my worry with the current engine is, so bear with me, I believe I have an extremely slow oil leak (Which I want to fix before It becomes serious), as you stand in front of your engine bay, if you look at the top of your engine, just behind it, you have what i belive is some type of Manifold pipe of sorts, I have reason to belive my oil leak is coming from there, I cleaned all the oil off this particular pipe and withing a couple of weeks the oil was back there, but as i mentioned, im not greatly mechanically minded, so its hard to explain exactly what it is, I would post a picture of it, but I dont know how to do that, as I can find an option on here.

Also, on the air box, the only reason I wanted to change it was due to the fact that, per general rule, standard air boxes/filters tend to be very limited in the air allowed in, from what I have been explain, so that was one of the reasons for wanting to change it, simply to improve air flow, but if you say that these are good and can be improved by simply changing the filter itself, then im quite happy with doing that.

and please keep providing opinion, it was the whole reason I join the forum, had hopes I would find people with similar interests and more knowledge, so thank you for all the posts and advise Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That slow oil leak is perfectly normal on these, pretty much all of them do it. It's actually a boost leak between the manifold and inlet elbow. The bit of oil comes from the crankcase breather and is normal to be found inside there.

All it needs to fix that is a new gasket for a few pence...
Photo 
(26-04-2015, 11:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: That slow oil leak is perfectly normal on these, pretty much all of them do it.  It's actually a boost leak between the manifold and inlet elbow.  The bit of oil comes from the crankcase breather and is normal to be found inside there.

All it needs to fix that is a new gasket for a few pence...

DUUUDE....Thank you so much for that reply, you wouldnt belive how much Ive been worrying LOL... I took some pictures and figured out how to post them on here, so if all goes well they should be below so you can see if it is what you suggested.

[attachment=22804]

[attachment=22805]
Thanks given by:
Yep, that's it. Smile
Ah dude, thank you so much, ive been worrying myself to death thinking it was something serious. so glad its not, however prob will cost a little to fix as its something I dont think I would be able to do and dont have the tools for anyway. lol... but so glad its something simple. lol

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
FMIC stands for Front Mounted Intercooler Smile
Loads of info on them and other bits in the HDI section on here
Car looks really nice mate, always wanted a black 306, get some photos up/a project thread Smile 
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 05:28 PM)MY95 Wrote: FMIC stands for Front Mounted Intercooler Smile
Loads of info on them and other bits in the HDI section on here
Car looks really nice mate, always wanted a black 306, get some photos up/a project thread Smile 

Ah thank you for explaining Smile.

Thank you, I have to admit, I was just looking for any random Diesel car as needed a car to get to work, but as soon as I saw the 306 I knew its what I wanted, came across this one on a Facebook page for the local area and bought it Big Grin got lucky that it already had the tinted windows and alloys, but they need a refurbish Sad not been very well looked after unfortunately. The interior is in fairly decent condition tbf Smile

Pic below Smile

Ill start a thread once I got the first few bits sorted Smile

Thanks for all the advise all Smile

[attachment=22807]
Thanks given by:
I was the same as you, thought i'd bought a lemon when i discovered diesel around the injectors and the inlet elbow leak!
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 06:37 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I was the same as you, thought i'd bought a lemon when i discovered diesel around the injectors and the inlet elbow leak!

How did it work out in the end? Did you manage to get it all fixed? Smile
Thanks given by:
No worries Smile Here to help
Nice one! Interior looks tidy! Needs a GTI6 steering wheel though, they are the nuts! So nice to hold!
Any photos of the exterior? Smile 
Thanks given by: