Air filter for turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air filter for turbo
im sure this has been mentioned somewhere before but i cant find it. Is it ok to run the air filter straight onto the turbo? can i just put a cheapy one on or does it have to be a great make? any help would be nice.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Is this for your gearbox build or something else?

Less piping to the airfilter the better

Put as big (or least restrictive) airfilter on as you can

My head/brain reckons you're probably paying for a name with airfilters - however hasn't stopped me using Green Cotton, Pipercross and K&N filters on my builds ...
Thanks given by:
Yeah its for my build. I'm just gonna buy a cheap one for now then upgrade. I think you do just pay for the name. Saying that it doesn't stop me wanting a green cotton one. Funds are tight on this last stage though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
well in that case just whack the biggest cheapest one you can fit on - straight from the turbo
Thanks given by:
Sounds like q plan. £8.50 ebay jobbie it is. With free delivery obviously
Thanks given by:
Honda S2000 standars air filter ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was gonna run one but cant clamp it direct to turbo.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 07:34 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah I was gonna run one but cant clamp it direct to turbo.

Short silicone reducer? Wouldn't add much to it
Thanks given by:
What piggy said , about 12 quid from euro car parts, are huge and very free flowing, even appear to have a velocity stack internally, the audi s3 guys run them on cars tuned to over 300bhp and swear by them as a good filter thats not gonna break the bank, cheap enough to be a short time service item too, got one on my a3 and it improved throttle responce and the sound from it compared to a stock air box is unreal

Also for refference s2000 filter is an 80mm neck
Thanks given by:
Ok I made a best offer on a cheap crappy on the the bay £8.75 with the correct size housing. It will do for now but not indefinitely. May run a pipe later down the line into a better filter. We shall see.
Thanks given by:
Also for people with HDI's im assuming the S2000 filter is un-oiled so wont wreck the MAF.
Thanks given by:
Yep its a paper element
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  air filter straight on turbo willkirk93 13 2,271 23-01-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Adam CD P1
  Gauze/filter in oil line/turbo? Ben 13 3,749 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile