Newbie from Edinburgh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie from Edinburgh
Hi I'm Paul, just thought I'd say hello!

I've recently bought a 2002 306 Hdi estate in China blue with 78k miles. The previous owners didn't look after it very well mechanically so I've been busy recently getting it up to scratch with new brakes all round, front springs, exhaust and a full service. I've just got the timing belt, water pump and crank pulley to replace when I find some free time.
It's my second 306, so I'm familiar with most things. My last one was a 1996 p-reg 1.9DT.

This one does have an Airbag and handbrake light fault so I'm hoping I can find the fixes from you lot here.

Cheers Paul.
Thanks given by:
Welcome bud. Smile

Have you got any pics of her?
Thanks given by:
I can't find the ones I had, I'll take some more once I've gave it a wash. It's a Meridian with half leather, cyclone wheels and a/c. Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds nice! Smile

Does the AC still work? Lol!
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Work AC is stuff of legends on these, one of my favourite combos: Ph3 Meridian and China Blue (bit of a posh pug!).

Welcome to the forum matey.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, no the A/C doesn't work I think, it has been cold though. Prob need a regas!lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 08:26 PM)Vpricey Wrote: Thanks guys,  no the A/C doesn't work I think, it has been cold though. Prob need a regas!lol. Smile

Whether or not it will hold it, who knows, worth a punt if a local air con centre has an offer on Tongue

Its surprising how many cars actually do get the AC back after a regas, just need to choose wisely.

Planning any mods?
Thanks given by:
Any connection to Aairecool? It's a local hvac company to me, my cousin Baz use to work for.

A few small things, wheels need refurbed, air bag light is on, so I think it's the connectors under the seat from what I've read? The handbrake light won't go out. Not found out what that is yet. It's mot time soon, but a part from that just clean it up. Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 09:05 PM)Vpricey Wrote: Any connection to Aairecool? It's a local hvac company to me, my cousin Baz use to work for.

A few small things, wheels need refurbed, air bag light is on, so I think it's the connectors under the seat from what I've read? The handbrake light won't go out. Not found out what that is yet. It's not time soon, but a part from that just clean it up. Smile

No connection, no idea how I came with this nick (only been using it a decade :S).

Someone did I ask if I had a slew of air cooled dubs, definitely not!

Air bag light on all the time or flashing?

Got enough brake fluid?
Thanks given by:
Air bag comes on and stays on. Not all the time though.

Yip plenty brake fluid, that was the first thing I checked Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome from a relative newbie. Kwikfit for AC. You don't pay if it doesn't work.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Paul !
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by: