Best brand of clutch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best brand of clutch?
Anybody tried or know what the torque fast road stage 2 paddle is like it's £178 off eBay, just looking to get the best clutch for money and will be going for stage 1 + re-mapp so will have to last
Thanks given by:
You get what you pay for, CG seem to be the cheapest option that gets any support, although i wouldn't recommend them myself from the number of issues i've seen with their HDi paddle kits. £178 is obscenely cheap, i'd be surprised if it"s worth it. Most of the companies with consistently good reviews are all looking at £400 upwards, the torque these engines make when tuned requires a bit strength in your clutch lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
CG Motorsport? I see them on aswell but can't find 2.0 hdi I can only see 1.9 TD /2.0 gti maybe that is the right one.. If anyone knows weres best to buy of or send a link for a half descent stage 2 or good stage 1. Thanks in advance guys
Thanks given by:
I got a CG 5 paddle sprung in my hdi estate and hasn't give any issues once is is warmed up holds well
Thanks given by:
Think il just go ahead with a Helix paddle just to make sure it will last that seems to be the best. What you think lads are they worth the money?
Thanks given by:
I don't think CG list the hdi one on their website, it's a call and ask job.

There's a lot of people who have run the helix on big power builds without any issues, that's about as much endorsement as i can give until i get mine on the road.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Helix is bought it's second hand has 10,000 miles on it running 141bhp apparently but never really abused only used for work car. There's a noise when I'm in when I'm down low in the revs driving from the engine I'm sure it's the clutch it's a crunchy spinning noise? The car has started to get hard to go into 5th and sometimes 3rd. Getting it looked at tomorrow but.
Thanks given by:
Is this just since you've fitted the helix?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 01:30 AM)Deangatt Wrote: Helix is bought it's second hand has 10,000 miles on it running 141bhp apparently but never really abused only used for work car. There's a noise when I'm in when I'm down low in the revs driving from the engine I'm sure it's the clutch it's a crunchy spinning noise? The car has started to get hard to go into 5th and sometimes 3rd. Getting it looked at tomorrow but.

That'll be worn synchros. I had the same noise and struggling to get gears. A gearbox oil change (while having a new clutch) stopped the noise but it'll still crunch into 5th. You'll most likely need a new '
box
Thanks given by:
Haven't fitted the Helix yet will be getting a new box and fly wheel this week and changing it all but I still sort off have to drive the car will it damage it or will I leave it at home lol, yea worn synchros is what I heard hopefully it will be all good after that and ready for a remapp ?
Thanks given by:
I know there's a thread about it some where probably but I can't find it so quick question for yous with experience. Will a standard lease bearing out of Peugeot fit my helix clutch no probs, don't think I'm getting the lease bearing with it.
Thanks given by:
Oh ok, didn't realise ypu were talking about a seperate problem. Driving it will damage the gearbox more, but if you're changing it anyway does it matter? The release bearing will fit iirc, but i'd seriously recommend getting a new one, it's usually what goes first so reusing the old one is asking for trouble.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers lad! I will be buying a new release bearing out of peugoet for it, will let use know what it's like when all done!
Thanks given by:
Genuine luk or valeo from euros will be fine tbh, no point paying stealer prices for the same thing.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hate to be a pain and all but don't want to order the wrong part, that will fit no prom bale won't it? Euro has none
Thanks given by:
Yes, it's the same thing. Peugeot use valeo stuff and bang it in a peugeot box and double the price.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: