Damo's Partner van xud9

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damo's Partner van xud9
So I thought I may aswell make a project thread even though I may not do an awful lot to the van. 

Bought it yesterday for 650 as I need a van for work but it will be my only vehicle. We have the Hdi for the gf and family use.
Not to much to say about it really other than its recently had cambelt, glow plugs, clutch and alternator with receipts. 

Has the genuine peugeot liner in the back which is a bonus and is a single door on the back.

I'm going to start looking for some alloys for it as I can't roll on steels and I need to wash and give it a polish as it's been purely used a runner to and from college for a young lad. 
Will upload some pics later but any thoughts on what I can do to it will be appreciated. Obviously I will get the engine swap comments but that's not really in my plans YET as it's too economical to start playing with and tbh I wouldn't know what to do and would have to get someone to do it for me. 
Thanks given by:
Out of interest, what engine is in it and sort of economy are you getting?
Mine's an M49 (mk1) with dw8 and only getting mid - late 30's (local running around, not ragging it and not going over 60)
I find it very low geared and have considered swapping the gearbox for a td or Hdi one, but if I did that, then I may as well drop an xudt in as well.

Will
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2015, 09:32 PM)madwelshman Wrote: Out of interest, what engine is in it and sort of economy are you getting?
Mine's an M49 (mk1) with dw8 and only getting mid - late 30's (local running around, not ragging it and not going over 60)
I find it very low geared and have considered swapping the gearbox for a td or Hdi one, but if I did that, then I may as well drop an xudt in as well.

Will

That seems not far off what I'd expect, running fully laden?

Longer box the longer you will be on the power though?
Thanks given by:

That seems not far off what I'd expect, running fully laden?

Longer box the longer you will be on the power though?
[/quote]

That's more or less empty, one small tool bag in the back and some jump leads.

I appreciate what you're saying about longer on the power, but as I said, may as well drop a 1.9td in at the same time if going to the trouble of a box swap.
Thanks given by:
Well assuming its getting up to temp etc then going for the turbo lump will probably make it slightly more flexible on the acceleration front (especially with some load).
Thanks given by:
And it'll make it more economical on longer runs. Currently it's doing 3000 rpm at a little over 60 which really knocks the mpg.
Thanks given by:
Damn that's really short!

Probably a good bit quieter with the turbo lump and long box!
Thanks given by:
Yeh, even a dt box instead of Hdi, the longer ratios would make a difference. I reckon, XUDT with Hdi box would be the way to go. Nice and long legged for the longer runs (even though only occasional) and enough extra low down torque for local.
Thanks given by:
I travel around 100 miles a week to work and back, with local running around to. I can normally push £10 of fuel to about 90 miles.
My drive to work is on the a30 and normally cruise at 70 if not slightly more. personally think that's quite good.

Just to update my project tho I am currently in the process of buying a engine off of a member on here so hopefully I will be at fcs with my turbo engine. Going to be a push but that's the plan. The engine is running a lucas but has been played with from what I know and when funds allow me I will be buying a bosch for the old girl.

I have also bought some cyclones off of jimbo for it and lowering springs are on the way to hopefully for the front.
Ill upload pics when possible
Thanks given by:
What age is the van is it a early one or late
Thanks given by:
98 I believe. S reg
Thanks given by:
i refuse to give any positive comments until i see pictures Damo Tongue
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 07:27 AM)Damo Wrote: 98 I believe. S reg

Ops seid on title lol easy engine swap then I done mk2 one was pain in ass so many differences Sad
Thanks given by:
Yeah this runs the early xud9 so nice and easy for us to do the engine swap Wink
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hmm lets get it done for fcs.....................keen jimbo?? haha
Thanks given by:
Pictures Big Grin
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20150420-WA0000.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 12:21 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [Image: IMG-20150420-WA0000.jpg]

Love the  security mate lol never saw van with that boot before
Thanks given by:
Yer it's different and sometimes a pain in the ass lol.
That lock will stop anything haha it was already on there wen I got the van
Thanks given by:
Engine is still sat here calling your name.... Wink
Thanks given by:
I'll be there in the week mate
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 07:46 AM)xudlingo Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 07:27 AM)Damo Wrote: 98 I believe. S reg

Ops seid on title lol easy engine swap then I done mk2 one was pain in ass so many differences Sad

What's the score with fitting a fmic?? Easy??
Thanks given by:
So a update here.

The plan was to get the van engine changed in time for pugfest. And with massive thanks to a few people but especially jimbo and frosty as thanks to them my van is now td and a few weeks before pugfest so a few bits to tinker with.

A few small issues but that was expected. Currently I have just a downpipe for a exhaust but with any luck we will knock something up tonight. Bit of a strange one, we seem to have a issue where she boosts then suddenly drops off and will just drive like a nad untill you next stop?? Any ideas??
At the moment It's running a lucas but my bosch is currently is use on my other car as my hdi died on me. Would of been nice to get it on in time for pugfest but doesn't seem possible at the moment.
I do have a manual boost controller and boost gauge to fit so hopefully it may uncover the issue or at least give us a clue what's going on.

I have bought two hill runs for pugfest so hopefully that will be entertaining my little old works van boosting on up the hill.

Will update further when exhaust is on and issues have been resolved
Thanks given by:
If your still running standard dw8 exhaust that's your problem I had boost problem. Boost went up find but slowly went down would not hold it was exhaust to small

Oops didn't read that properly
Thanks given by:
It's got a dt exhaust on but it's only downpipe as haven't made the rest up yet??
Thanks given by:
Waste gate jamming open maybe wit turbo is it
Thanks given by:
Its running a k03. Thought it was the wastegate h
jamming but i cut the pipe to actuator to stop it opening (under boost pressure at least). Still the same really odd one
Thanks given by:
We had a feeling about waste gate, and it's a k03. Planning to go bigger in the future but that's what was on the engine I bought
Thanks given by:
What boost it got have you tried turning boost back done maybe when boost high opens a leak
Thanks given by:
Massive thanks to jimbo for sorting my exhaust tonight. No longer does it sound like a tractor. Also found my issue with boost dropping out. It was getting starved of air as the pipe sucked itself in and wouldn't allow air to flow. Safe to say I am very please with it now ☺
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project FCS peugeot partner xud9 engine Jamieh2013 30 8,298 08-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013