clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch
so my clutch has always been fine a bit heavy but i kinda like it that way,this is untill driving home last night off course now i have a flappy clutch pedal which does appear to reset like its not on the floor or anything biting point is centimeters from the floor making it sometimes impossible to change and other times real hard no real reverse gear now but can be forced if need be

did not notice any signs that this was going to happen and as i know i need my brakes done i havent been boosting the car around like a maniac there had been a squeeking sound all night when doing low speed manouvers for exampl 3 point turns, reverse parking but dont think that was coming from the clutch

so you see the problem no slipping no struggling no boosting and all off sudden nearly unusable any help advice would be appreciated if i cant get it fixed quick then i cant work and they are starting to get sick off me needing time off to fix the car
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your release bearing is gone. New clutch time.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
but i like my old clutch lol

would changing the bearing fix the issue or is a whole new clutch required

Thanks given by:
Bearing is part of the plate lol
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 09:08 AM)sb194114 Wrote: but i like my old clutch lol

would changing the bearing fix the issue or is a whole new clutch required

If you change the bearing, you might as well fit a new clutch while the box is out
Thanks given by:
ohh damit

i still have to look at the cable etc check if spring is still on pedal although iam pretty sure its been removed before i go ahead with clutch quicker i get it fixed quicker the next problem will arise grrrr

Thanks given by:
Yeah don't piss about and do half a job. New clutch kit. Id advise a valeo one. ,
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Or if you're on a budget, can get an LUK clutch kit for ~£80. At the time when i had mine done, couldn't find valeo for less than £150
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 09:40 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: Or if you're on a budget, can get an LUK clutch kit for ~£80. At the time when i had mine done, couldn't find valeo for less than £150

My luk o e had a valeo in. Xud one that's is
Thanks given by:
After some research on here and other sites my first port off call will to be to try and tighten the cable also popping the clutch with the car out off gear is helping to stiffen it up all be it breifly I also noticed I still have the usless spring attached to the pedal inside the car so need to getbthat off as an earlier post on this site said it can more harm than good

Thanks given by:
You cant tighten the cable.. It should be automatic
Thanks given by:
I read that u disconnect it at the engine end shorten reconnect then pump the clutch so the automatic tensioner re aligns is this not correct http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/quest...s-this-bad

Thanks given by: