Bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump
Just finished fitting the 9mm gov modded bosch pump onto my berlingo d turbo.... Was just thinking of advancing the pump a little... Would I be right in thinking to push it towards the intercooler to advance it? And how much should / shouldn't you advance it by? If I push it all the way back it doesn't seem to knock excessively or cause any other problems....
Thanks given by:
I believe it is twisting it to the intercooler (clockwise) to advance it Smile
Thanks given by:
Does it have a load dependant advance solenoid on the front of the pump - thing with a single wire and a little pipe running up to the top?

If so, it might not sound clattery fully advanced on idle or revving stationary as it won't kick it all in until you're driving or under load.

About halfway on the slots should be ok, or just a bit more if you fancy it.

Pushing the pump towards the engine will advance it.

You're adding static advance in the assumption that'll it'll compensate for a lack of dynamic advance higher up in the rev range - so unless you're giving it some absolute balls up there or maxing out the fuel duration you may not see any benefit apart from trying to send your pistons backwards all the time (knocking) and high cylinder pressures.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 10:37 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Does it have a load dependant advance solenoid on the front of the pump - thing with a single wire and a little pipe running up to the top?

If so, it might not sound clattery fully advanced on idle or revving stationary as it won't kick it all in until you're driving or under load.

About halfway on the slots should be ok, or just a bit more if you fancy it.

Pushing the pump towards the engine will advance it.

You're adding static advance in the assumption that'll it'll compensate for a lack of dynamic advance higher up in the rev range - so unless you're giving it some absolute balls up there or maxing out the fuel duration you may not see any benefit apart from trying to send your pistons backwards all the time (knocking) and high cylinder pressures.

Thanks for the advice Smile yeah it's set it middle at minute, was just going move it very slightly further towards the engine and leave it at that. Also the black plug
that plugs into the pump... Does it matter whether it's plugged in or not? Again doesn't seem to do anything either way.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,424 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,983 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,488 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby