JP's Lucas tuning guide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP's Lucas tuning guide
Im sorry I know tuning guides have been covered but I was just after some advice I was following JPs Lucas pump tuning guide, max fuel in 60, compensator in then out 2.

It's got rid of the dead spot at 4k, but still only boosting 14ish psi with no smoke.
I believe I've got a t2 (what can it safely boost to) haven't adjusted it.
I've got a fmic yet to fit what will fitting it allow me to do.
What was your best figures achieved and how did u get it.
Greatly appreciated
http://www.nosmokenopoke.com/forum/showt...+pump+tune
Thanks given by:
Id say 20 psi is pretty safe, I usually go a bit more but that's me lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I had it 30psi for over a year, still was going strong. The conrod wasn't
Thanks given by:
I had my DT running 21psi on the Lucas pump with a T2 turbo. It's kinda trial and error really when tuning these, the worst part with the Lucas pump is that you have to drain the pump every time you want to tweak the max fuel. Wink I must have tweaked mine about 5 or 6 times before I was happy with where it was, still wanted more, but wanted to get the Bosch pump on, but then had to sell the car to get an estate. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, yea I've seen people saying u can run the t2 between 18-24.
Anyone know why my boost hasn't changed? Do I need to adjust the waste gate if so someone said adjust until boost is about 26 then reduce using the fueling, would that be the max fuel?
Finally will having a fmic allow me to increase the boost pressure further?
Thanks given by:
You 100% need to adjust the wastegate yes, also we have an awesome xud section with lots of guides on this site, get bloody reading it lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You dont want to get 26psi and reduce fueling. You want the wastegate workin.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas and t2 tuning andyyy 45 12,856 21-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Away to loose my Tuning virginity any extra tips?**lucas** D Turbo Lyle 27 4,964 23-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Last Post: toseland
  pump change guide lucas to Bosch pugmanxud 22 5,461 23-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Nebuchadnezzar