Would you get a GTi6?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you get a GTi6?
(27-03-2015, 10:15 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: ^^ As someone who used one as a daily for well over a year.. I completely disagree lol

Yes it was noisy and could've been more comfortable and wasn't incredible on fuel, but it was f*cking fun!

This. The only thing I will agree with Tom about is the fact that the 1.8 does just beg to rev and is a cracking engine but out of the box, the gti is quite special.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 01:19 PM)Niall Wrote:
(27-03-2015, 10:15 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: ^^ As someone who used one as a daily for well over a year.. I completely disagree lol

Yes it was noisy and could've been more comfortable and wasn't incredible on fuel, but it was f*cking fun!

This. The only thing I will agree with Tom about is the fact that the 1.8 does just beg to rev and is a cracking engine but out of the box, the gti is quite special.

Never driven the 1.8 so can't comment in that respect.. It's a shame they didn't make it a bit pokier out of the box and ditched the XSi tbh! XSi's were just a fail. 
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 01:29 PM)Midnightclub Wrote:

Never driven the 1.8 so can't comment in that respect.. It's a shame they didn't make it a bit pokier out of the box and ditched the XSi tbh! XSi's were just a fail. 
I used one as a daily for 10 years. Ive also had D turbos and they just don't cut it (cue the abuse). I maybe a little biased as i've owned my 6 from having a mere 29k on the clock and has been well maintanied. I guess there are a lot of crap ones out there which may not offer the same driving experience. I can only vouch for mine (which is stock except for a decat, back box and Ds2500 brake pads and its an awesome car to drive. Dare i say.. better than my Delta integrale. !!!
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 01:45 PM)PartyJas Wrote:
(27-03-2015, 01:29 PM)Midnightclub Wrote:

I used one as a daily for 10 years. Ive also had D turbos and they just don't cut it (cue the abuse). I maybe a little biased as i've owned my 6 from having a mere 29k on the clock and has been well maintanied. I guess there are a lot of crap ones out there which may not offer the same driving experience. I can only vouch for mine (which is stock except for a decat, back box and Ds2500 brake pads and its an awesome car to drive. Dare i say.. better than my Delta integrale. !!!

Owned both - as a daily, f*ck no, too expensive to run, you're too young to be insuring and fuelling cars like that at the moment...

I'm now a few years older and much more financially stable than I was when I had my gti6 and I still wouldn't own one now, simply cost too much...

I loved both, but when you put it on paper, you can never justify a gti6... They're a luxury IMHO now...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:52 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(27-03-2015, 09:50 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: If I was you I'd wait a good few years and let the price of your insurance come down loads.
I waiting 5 years before I got my gti6 due to insurance.
I now have a dturbo as a daily and my gti6 as my "fun" car.

But I'd choose gti6 over xud, but I like the xud because of veg burning and mpgz.

Yeah looks like I'll have to wait. Ideally I would want my xud as a daily and a 6' as a fun car same as you. 
Tbh when I started using my 6 as a daily when I first got it, I was only working a 10 minute walk away from home so it wasn't drastic for me and my insurance was £50 cheaper than hdi as well because I had extra no claim.
But if we had a week of rain then I'd know the difference as I was using £20 a week, when I had my hdi I was using £20 a month for same journeys!

Keep the dturbo and carry on with the 106, get a gti engine in it and just get it out your system with that.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: