Scottish meets?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish meets?
Does anyone from this forum attend or set up any meets in Scotland?
Thanks given by:
Old thread revival i know.

But am planning on attending many Scottish meets this year, I have one in Falkirk on Thursday am planning to go to and another in my home town in ayr.

Welcome to give me a shout if you wanna meet at one of them.
Thanks given by:
What's the one on Thursday mate?
Thanks given by:
Am not all that sure just know the lads I meet up with said they will be attending the one in Falkirk and it's only a hour up the road from me so thinking of popping up to show off the 306 lol
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 02:45 PM)Danaidh Wrote: Am not all that sure just know the lads I meet up with said they will be attending the one in Falkirk and it's only a hour up the road from me so thinking of popping up to show off the 306 lol

Lol! I may pop down! Is it in the Falkirk Wheel car park?

I'll take the 6 down, I've not got it anywhere near Cruise standard, but I'll take her a wee run down! Lol!
Thanks given by:
I will try and get some more info but am guessing it will be at the wheel. Just look for me, I will be the only standard looking 306 phase 2 estate with a cherry bomb and a team beard sticker lol, I will prob aim to be there about 6/630. Where are ta coming from could always meet up and drive down
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 02:58 PM)Danaidh Wrote: I will try and get some more info but am guessing it will be at the wheel. Just look for me, I will be the only standard looking 306 phase 2 estate with a cherry bomb and a team beard sticker lol, I will prob aim to be there about 6/630. Where are ta coming from could always meet up and drive down

I'm coming from Bathgate, it's about 15 mins from Falkirk?
Thanks given by:
Lucky you am coming from Ayrshire other side of Glasgow. About 1.5hrs away lol, might as well get you at the wheel.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 03:01 PM)Danaidh Wrote: Lucky you am coming from Ayrshire other side of Glasgow. About 1.5hrs away lol, might as well get you at the wheel.

Yeah I'll defo be down mate! Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll be up for the week after Pugfest if there's any meets then.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 03:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'll be up for the week after Pugfest if there's any meets then.

There's always at least one a week around the Central Belt up here mate. Smile

I'll find out dates for you, are you bringingvthe Rallye up? Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 04:30 PM)Moonwalker Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 03:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'll be up for the week after Pugfest if there's any meets then.

I might be. Depends on fuel prices among other things.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 04:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 04:30 PM)Moonwalker Wrote:

I might be. Depends on fuel prices among other things.

Yeah very true. Smile

I got my 6 up from Preston on a half tank if that's any help? Lol!

I'll keep you posted for meets, they are usually arranged Cruises like down your way.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 05:19 PM)Moonwalker Wrote: Yeah very true. Smile

I'll keep you posted for meets, they are usually arranged Cruises like down your way.

I've managed to get from here to my parents in Arrochar on one tank being sensible but coming back took nearly 2 tanks as I wasn't hanging about.

I'ts always nice to go to meets in other bits of the country and meet new people.
Thanks given by:
Central belt as in between Glasgow Perth Edinburgh sort of way I will be intrested to as I like to travel, hell last year I travel to Santa pod from ayrshire to attend a mgzr meet in a mk4 golf v6 4mo lmao.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 07:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 05:19 PM)Moonwalker Wrote: Yeah very true. Smile

I've managed to get from here to my parents in Arrochar on one tank being sensible but coming back took nearly 2 tanks as I wasn't hanging about.

I'ts always nice to go to meets in other bits of the country and meet new people.

Yeah it certainly is, I'll keep you updated on events around the time your coming up.
Thanks given by:
Dunno if I will make Falkirk no money and gear linkage is popping off lol
Thanks given by:
I will be at Falkirk in my 6 moonstone blue tad low lol
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 10:09 PM)xudlingo Wrote: I will be at Falkirk in my 6 moonstone blue tad low lol

I'll be down too mate, should maybe be the only 6 down there! Smile
Thanks given by:
I managed to fix and get some fuel so will make a apperAnce with the estate, what time you 2 getting there?
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 02:36 PM)Danaidh Wrote: I managed to fix and get some fuel so will make a apperAnce with the estate, what time you 2 getting there?

That's good mate! Smile

I'll aim to be there just after 7? What time you thinking about heading thru?
Thanks given by:
Am thinking of leaving ayr about 5/530 so about 6/30 maybe closing in on 7 depending on traffic
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 04:41 PM)Danaidh Wrote: Am thinking of leaving ayr about 5/530 so about 6/30 maybe closing in on 7 depending on traffic

I should be down for the back of 7, do you think it will be busy?
Thanks given by:
Usaully is busy, just hope weather is good lol, I can't get grip in the wet
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 04:46 PM)Danaidh Wrote: Usaully is busy, just hope weather is good lol, I can't get grip in the wet

I took a run down earlier, and the roads were really slippy, was wheel spinning in 1st and 2nd out of every roundabout, and I wasn't even trying to drive fast! Lol! (Wouldn't on they roads anyway) What car park are you going to?
Thanks given by:
I be there after 7ish I can almost see the wheel carpark from ma house lol. I went last month think they was only 1 other 306
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 05:15 PM)xudlingo Wrote: I be there after 7ish I can almost see the wheel carpark from ma house lol. I went last month think they was only 1 other 306

It's alright for some! Lol! What you gonna be driving so I can look out for you?
Thanks given by:
I was in Kilmarnock the day and was spinning first second and third at 1/4 throttle because of the boost, I usually just go to the car park at the wheel and you will more then Likely ending up using all the parking from the last time I was there lol

Might be a idea if a fair few of use going down in 306s get a picture up of each other's or make a meeting point and time the. Park up together or something
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 05:42 PM)Danaidh Wrote: I was in Kilmarnock the day and was spinning first second and third at 1/4 throttle because of the boost, I usually just go to the car park at the wheel and you will more then Likely ending up using all the parking from the last time I was there lol

Might be a idea if a fair few of use going down in 306s get a picture up of each other's or make a meeting point and time the. Park up together or something

Yeah that sounds good, I tried to go up towards the wheel today and the road was closed? Could only get into the first and second carpark?

I think it's just 3 of us in 306s! Lol! Yeah get pics with our cars together and get them posted up on here! Smile
Thanks given by:
At least I won't be the only one this time I will be in moonstone 6 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scottish based cars ianb 0 1,128 24-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ianb
  Scottish meets thomson 2 1,776 10-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: thomson