Hello, can anyone help with a weird car problem?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, can anyone help with a weird car problem?
Big Grin 
Hi everyone,
Just joined this forum to get some advice on my 2000 Peugeot 306 LX 5-door hatchback, if it's not too cheeky to ask!

When I start the car and pull away after it’s not been used for a couple of days, it bumps once like I’m driving out of a big hole or over a speed bump, but pulls away fine. Today, I started it and pulled away after not using it for 6 days and it was like I was trying to drive off with a clamp on my wheel or a flat tyre – the whole vehicle was juddering violently and it wouldn’t go anywhere. I got out to have a look and there was nothing hanging off, and the tyre wasn’t flat, but there were scrape marks along the ground where I’d been. I tried again and the same thing happened. Got out for another look, got back in and tried again and it drove off no problem. It drives fine when it gets going and has just had about £300 spent on getting it through its MOT, with nothing picked up relating to the wheels or suspension.

I know I’ll have to take it to a mechanic but it would be great to get an idea of what might be wrong in advance so I don’t go in like a total mug and get blagged it’s something it’s not (got my doubts about the only mechanic near me!)

Thank you so much for any help you can offer
Thanks given by:
Could possibly be the rear brakes sticking on, does the back end dip into the ground when you're pulling away?
Thanks given by: dancebiscuits
Yes it does slightly. They did something to the brakes for its MOT 2 weeks ago and didn't pick anything up (and it's been doing a lesser version of today's problem for a while). But I guess it's still possible. Thank you for your suggestion Smile
Thanks given by:
Back brakes sticking for sure
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome! And yeah its 99% binding rear brake(s) from what you've said Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Does sound like a brake sticking on
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks everyone - you're legends! Guess this is going to be expensive isn't it Sad ...
Thanks given by:
Nah i don't think so (well depends on your idea of expensive). Even if you needed two new rear callipers, they are about £60 each on exchange from ECP so not that bad!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome [Image: smile.png]

As said does sound like the brakes sticking.
Thanks given by:
Welcome !
Thanks given by: