gti-6 seats in hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti-6 seats in hdi
hi guys
just wanted a bit of advice. so basically ive got a messed up interior (guy I bought car off liked burning seats by the looks of it) and I was just wondering weather seats from a gti-6 would straight fit into a phase 3 v reg 306 hdi or weather id need different rails or something

thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
They will fit a 3dr but won't fit a 5dr or estate.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 04:42 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: They will fit a 3dr but won't fit a 5dr or estate.

anything I can do to make them fit
Thanks given by:
Yes I've done it. You need to make two plates for the drivers seat and remove height adjuster. And swap subframes. Swap subframes on passenger seat. Swap covers on rear seats. Took me in total about 2 hours of faffing.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You can do that or do it the proper, but very long-winded way, which is to remove the covers on the front seats and fit them onto the equivalent 5dr frame (eg from a XSi or DTurbo model)

That's how mine are done. It's a lot more work, but is arguably the proper way to do it as then the seats will mount and fit as Peugeot intended as they are to all intents and purposes 5dr seats rather than adapted 3dr ones.

If you make adapter plates, ensure that they are decent thickness steel plates with M8 high tensile fixings, because the loadings that will go through them in the event of a major accident will be huge. I've seen too many bodged seat installations using thin metal, often aluminium and inadequate fasteners that would between them have failed/broken/distorted in an accident - they've been buckets, but the same would apply in this case.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 05:51 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You can do that or do it the proper, but very long-winded way, which is to remove the covers on the front seats and fit them onto the equivalent 5dr frame (eg from a XSi or DTurbo model)

That's how mine are done.  It's a lot more work, but is arguably the proper way to do it as then the seats will mount and fit as Peugeot intended as they are to all intents and purposes 5dr seats rather than adapted 3dr ones.

If you make adapter plates, ensure that they are decent thickness steel plates with M8 high tensile fixings, because the loadings that will go through them in the event of a major accident will be huge.  I've seen too many bodged seat installations using thin metal, often aluminium and inadequate fasteners that would between them have failed/broken/distorted in an accident - they've been buckets, but the same would apply in this case.
thanks for the advice mate will take it onboard
Thanks given by:
Fyi the seats will end up sat a lot higher if you just stick 5dr runners on them, much better to put them on the equivalent 5dr frame imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 10:51 AM)Poodle Wrote: Fyi the seats will end up sat a lot higher if you just stick 5dr runners on them, much better to put them on the equivalent 5dr frame imo.

What poodle said bumps it up a good inch, which is more than it sounds, better to retrim Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 05:35 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yes I've done it. You need to make two plates for the drivers seat and remove height adjuster. And swap subframes. Swap subframes on passenger seat. Swap covers on rear seats. Took me in total about 2 hours of faffing.
This, we put my old gti6 seats in my mates 5door xud.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: