Rear brake lights staying on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear brake lights staying on
My rear brake lights on my other 306 hdi are staying on when the ignition turned to the turn before starting. Also when the car started the lights also stay on the rear window light and 2 back lights stay on also.

There a click from the starter motor also as well.
Thanks given by:
So its the brake lights not the rear lights then? Need a new brake light switch I reckon...hope you have small hands lol.
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 03:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So its the brake lights not the rear lights then?  Need a new brake light switch I reckon...hope you have small hands lol.

Hello yes the brake lights. But would the clicking on the starter motor when turning the key be effect by the brake light switch?
Thanks given by:
I doubt they're linked tbh.

Starters do click when the solenoid engages so I'm not really sure what the problem is there? Are there any other problems with the starter other than the click?
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 04:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I doubt they're linked tbh.

Starters do click when the solenoid engages so I'm not really sure what the problem is there?  Are there any other problems with the starter other than the click?

The car fine it just started playing up the brake lights and the click loud sound when you turn the key both the same time.

I try another brake switch and see if that solves the lights. the click on the starter motor not sure on that one at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Sometimes the brake switch can just come dislodged. Worth a check
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 08:29 AM)Piggy Wrote: Sometimes the brake switch can just come dislodged. Worth a check

That's what happened with mine.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
be the brake switch failed, as that's what happened to mine, Its a bastard mind to get access to!
Thanks given by:
I fixed the problem and used a long nose pliers and moved the switch forward. So now the brake lights work fine also the clicking in the engine bay stopped now.

I wouldn't like to change the switch one hell of a job just looking at it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No brake lights Beb 2 1,448 01-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: cully
  Interior lights staying on?st Matt 4 1,734 17-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
Big Grin Brake lights not working .. L16rye 2 1,088 15-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: madmadmax