Instrument panel not not light up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instrument panel not not light up
Hi All,

Im new to this forum and I am pretty clueless about cars so bear with me!!

I have the 306 LX HDI (2000) and have been having some issues with the electrics.

This has been happening for quite a while now, firstly the windscreen wipers, when I put them slow they will go fine. but the stop in the middle of the screen sometimes, but when I have them set for Intermediate or Fast they are fine, so the issue seems to just be that they do not stop at the bottom of the screen which is annoying.

The other issue which I have had over the past couple of weeks is the Instrument panel, the light had stopped working it was going on and off over the past couple of weeks, now its not working.

The problem with this is night driving I cant see the panel for things like speed etc, so I want to get this sorted asap.

Im assuming this is maybe a fuse problem, the issue I has is I do not know what fuse is for this panel?

Now the headlight bulb had gone, im going to assume that this is a coincidence, or I hope so!!

I hope someone is able to advise me I am hopeless with cars!!

Davie
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 11:26 AM)davie_b1972 Wrote: Hi All,

I have the 306 LX HDI (2000) and have been having some issues with the electrics.

This has been happening for quite a while now, firstly the windscreen wipers, when I put them slow they will go fine. but the stop in the middle of the screen sometimes, but when I have them set for Intermediate or Fast they are fine, so the issue seems to just be that they do not stop at the bottom of the screen which is annoying.

The other issue which I have had over the past couple of weeks is the Instrument panel, the light had stopped working it was going on and off over the past couple of weeks, now its not working.

The problem with this is night driving I cant see the panel  for things like speed etc, so I want to get this sorted asap.

Im assuming this is maybe a fuse problem, the issue I has is I do not know what fuse is for this panel?

Now the headlight bulb had gone, im going to assume that this is a coincidence, or I hope so!!

Davie
Id start with the fuse after that check the earth strap in the foot well to see if its clean
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 12:08 PM)Pug0BZ3011 Wrote:
(18-03-2015, 11:26 AM)davie_b1972 Wrote: Hi All,

The problem with this is night driving I cant see the panel  for things like speed etc, so I want to get this sorted asap.

Davie
Id start with the fuse after that check the earth strap in the foot well to see if its clean

The problem is I have no idea what fuse it is?
Thanks given by:
Check the dimmer switch, pop that little picket off and make sure it's plugged in properly, all the lights go off if its not Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1998 306 Instrument cluster failure ashley744 5 2,136 06-05-2020, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Replacing instrument panel, Help! Tamas Petrunin 3 1,870 19-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Tamas Petrunin
  Instrument panel replacement, help Tiller 8 4,316 29-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Toms306