Pug Auto Boxes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pug Auto Boxes
I've had a friend of mine ask for my opinion on Peugeot auto gearboxes, as his sister has just passed her test (auto only....fail), and they've apparently seen a 307 and a low mile fsh 206 that they're interested in. Anyone had any experience at all with the auto boxes in these cars?

I politely declined to comment, due to the fact the only auto I've ever driven was a 14 plate Zafira! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haven't driven an auto 307, but the 206 and 306 are pretty crap imo lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Not driven one but don't often see PSA autos with damaged gearboxes on ebay, so reliability cant be that bad...

However an old midrange auto will never be great unless you like jerky gearchanges and wasting fuel. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
I've driven an auto 306 and owned a few other autos, it was jerky through the gears unless you eased off as it changed, under geared at the top end being a 3-speed, but worse than anything, it constantly swapped between 2nd and 3rd at 30, really infuriating.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Oh dear god no!! I'm an auto fan but not a french auto fan!! Could never find a way to get them to change smoothly, it's like having to drive with a 17 year old controlling the clutch! And the new ones are even worse!! But all to there own
Thanks given by:
All made by ZF (german rubbish) and I've yet to see one last too long
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: