Friendly Newbie here! :-)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Newbie here! :-)
Thumbs Up 
Good afternoon folks,

My names Will,

I've been browsing these forums for the last few years whilst contemplating buying a 306 Gti 6. I have now purchased her, (1998 Phase 2 in black) and look forward to making the car look even nicer than it already is.

I very much look forward to chatting and getting some ideas from this forum.

Will :-)
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Looks good any more pics of it ?

What are you plans for it for it then other than what u said ?
Thanks given by:
Hi Herby7,

Thanks for your reply, I am planning to refurbish the wheels in anthracite, lightly tint the windows, reupholster the front seats, and put her into a body shop to take out a few scratches, and a few dings using PDR.

I also need to source a new exhaust rear back box, as it has blown, it's proving hard to find a cheapish one, so I'm thinking about putting a scorpion back box on her.

I'll attach more pics for you and other members to see below! :-)

Thanks given by:
Hey Will

For a  new exhaust rear box have u tried ebay? When i had my 306 i always got my parts on there at really cheap prices .

If you got any other problems or niggles set up a thread in the section it comes under and i am sure people will help.

For bodyshop work have a look  around  as u will be suprised in the difference in price/quality at some places.
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Yeah I'll have look on there, I'm reluctant to put a Scorpion back box on as I don't want a lot of noise.

I'm taking the car to 4 body shops whom I've researched online for quotes, I want to get her back to a standard where I can take her to a show and possibly put her on a stand.

I'll post a project thread as well so everyone can see my progress with her.

I also tried to upload 6 photos on my last post but only one showed?

Thanks given by:
did u click select file then upload ?
Try again in a new post with pics .

Might be useful to get a login for service box so u can get the part numbers if u want it back to standard with genuine parts thats wht i did to get the correct parts off ebay .
Thanks given by:
Yeah I did, but only one pic showed after I submitted the post.

How would I go about getting that login?

Will
Thanks given by:
Oh ok try again with your pics as it must of not uploaded them as they would of shown.

Heres the link for service box
http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/do/...Parametres

just click the professional motor repairer option then fill in your details .

All you need is your vin number and it will show all parts listed for your car .
Thanks given by:
Many thanks! :-)

Yeah I'll try again with the pics.

Will
Thanks given by:
Ok Smile
Thanks given by:
The service box instructions are in French? Could you assist me with this please? Lol!

Can't reply to PM's either till I'm over my 100 posts.

Will
Thanks given by:
Lol Go down to the bottom left hand side  of the page you can change the language there .

Yh pvt messages is 100 posts .
Thanks given by:
I'll need to try on the lap top, not letting me do it on my phone.

Many thanks for the help. :-)
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2015, 02:05 PM)Moonwalker Wrote: I'll need to try on the lap top, not letting me do it on my phone.

Many thanks for the help. :-)

yh it wont work on your phone

thats ok Big Grin
Thanks given by:
welcome good looking car Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Big Grin lovely looking gti6 you have there!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thanks very much bud! Smile I've got a wee bit planned to do on her, hopefully be looking even nicer when I'm finished! Smile
Thanks given by:
welcome along
Thanks given by:
Nice looking GTI6 you've got there! Will look really good with the refurbished cyclones! Smile 
If I was you id look out on eBay for used stainless exhaust systems, usually some come up quite cheap and some systems wont be too loud.
All the best Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along chap
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the welcome guys! Smile Yeah MY95 I'll have a look, all I need is a rear back box, the cat is still there with a 2.5" stainless steel pipe in between. I don't want loud as the cars loud when you sink the boot anyway!

But I will peruse Ebay for the next few weeks! Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along will
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Big hello from a fellow 6er Inlove
Thanks given by: