DW8 intake mani on an XUD?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DW8 intake mani on an XUD?
Since i recently found out my XUD advertised car is really just a DW8 with intake and exhaust manifolds from an XUD i started thinking about the possibility of swapping over the intake manifold from the DW8.. the long,pretty unrestricted runners would that ideally align pretty well with a Front-mounted inter cooler being the main reason.. anyone think this is possible?
Thanks given by:
I would think there would be too much pressure in there really.

It is designed to only take air in, not hold it, under boost conditions of a fair few PSI.

My opinion anyway.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
i thought about doing this at one point. cant see why it wouldnt hold some pressure. worth a hot if you have have one lying about
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
They're plastic from memory, no reason why not, but if you feed it silly levels of boost you will split the manifold along it's seams... I think it's only ultrasonic'd together around the edges, not designed to take large amounts of boost!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2015, 08:51 PM)Ruan Wrote: They're plastic from memory, no reason why not, but if you feed it silly levels of boost you will split the manifold along it's seams... I think it's only ultrasonic'd together around the edges, not designed to take large amounts of boost!

Wasnt early n/a metal mani? Same style though
Thanks given by:
Early NA manis are steel, but have the really shitty seal design half way down the runners like the 2.1 - recipe for boost leaks!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relocation Mani Query silverzx 4 1,623 02-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Lolben91
  inlet mani studs philpemberton94 9 1,863 13-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dave
Question Identify this Inlet Mani ! andyyy 12 2,665 07-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Dave