Gti 6 won't Rev past 4000

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti 6 won't Rev past 4000
Got my gti about week ago ran ok apart from misfire needed a coil so that was fixed .was fine and done more than 200mile But now won't rev past 4k it now feels like running out fuel but done about 5 mile or more like that and gauge at half (I know that goes for nothing in French cars some times lol) any ideas thanks
Thanks given by:
Throttle cable adjusted correctly?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Yes something with fuel or ignition sounds ruff like misfire but coils all fine
Thanks given by:
Check earth connections, especially to gear box.
Check the relay on the back of the battery box is intact with no damage or water in.
Could be another coil or bad fuel.
Check all fuses.
Check vac pipe to fuel pressure regulator
Check or replace fuel filter
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Going to get a better look tomorrow will check over everything only check coils today because knew one went already cheers
Thanks given by:
Does it sound more of a misfire or more of fuel starvation? So juddery and coughing or more of a "buuuuurrrrrrrrrr" dying sound when trying to accelerate?

Has it come up with any codes?

I'd start by double checking all the coilpacks and wiring around them if that area has been worked on recently. I had a misfire develop the other day after owning my 6 for a month or so and it turns out only one was bolted down properly, two were loose and one was completely off. f*cking amateurs lol!

Failing that I'd change the fuel filter as that can cause issues if it's blocked, although unlikely.
Thanks given by:
Hi went out today to have a other look now it wont even start. I don't believe it is the coils when it was running I tested them. I was thinking it was fuel but took fuel pipe off and plenty fuel pissing out so it's getting fuel and a spark. I'm thinking timing slipped how tight should belt be between cams right in saying should be no play 

I had a 206 1.4 petrol would not go was trying just like this turned out to be timing out and had a new one fitted cowboys as you say 

The gti 6 also had belt done not long ago have paperwork
Thanks given by:
I think I'm right in saying an engine should start if it has fuel and spark, unless it has no compression. Does it turn over okay when you turn the key? Apparently the clearance between the pistons and valves on these engines are very tight, so chances are if the belt has slipped you may have bent a valve... And yes the belt should be tight between the two cam pulleys.
Thanks given by:
Well it is Trying to go was thinking belt came lose maybe have to wait to Friday till have time to get better look. If it is out its only tiny amount turns over ok no nasty value noises lol
Thanks given by:
Be aware the bottom pulley can slip so the timing hole can appear out but actually isn't.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Is this engine like xud bolts throw pulleys and in back flywheel 
Thanks given by:
Yes in that the outer pulley can shift, no in that there isn't a timing hole in the flywheel. Great eh?
I think its the main reason for people buying the alloy aux belt pulley. Glad I changed it earlier this year as mine had shifted about 4mm round.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Looks it belt did slip that why not rev right then slipped more I'm I right in saying the woodruff key should be straight up and down to the engine not car 

I put a extension down piston one till it was to top that took woodruff key to top crank is this right
Thanks given by: