MAF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAF
Just looking for some confirmation before I shell out for a new MAF.
My stage 2 hdi has recently dropped in MPG and not feeling so fast. Unplugged the MAF and no change at all, does this indicate a bad MAF?
Thanks given by:
Not really, when my MAF had gone bad, I unplugged it and the car went like a bat out of hell! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was under the impression that unplugging a working MAF would make the car slower and unplugging a broken MAF would either make no change or make it faster.
Thanks given by:
Hmm...maybe...I wouldn't like to say fo' sho', I've gone and questioned myself now. You may well be right actually. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to confirm. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha I also questioned myself earlier, had a new vdo MAF in my shopping cart on CP4LESS and then was suddenly like hmmm...
Thanks given by:
I've always been told with a 306 hdi if you unplug the maf and the car goes better(as its reverting to standard values) then the mafs goosed
Thanks given by:
You're dead right, if you've lost mpg and there's no performance change or better performance with the maf unplugged, then she's a gonner.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 06:57 AM)Poodle Wrote: You're dead right, if you've lost mpg and there's no performance change or better performance with the maf unplugged, then she's a gonner.
Thanks poodle needed confirmation like that before I bought one.
Thanks given by: