Noisy Diesel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noisy Diesel?
Rainbow 
Hi Doods , sorry been away for a while,
The little black plastic box that the the diesel goes through after the injection pump, is it the return pump? not sure, but its making a hell of a rumble, sounds like twin fans going full pelt from in the car,could this be on its way out? AND, the fuel tank pump does its normal whining noise but every other start its grumbles like an empty belly, is this dying too? any ideas please, good news accepted cheerfully.
Smile
Thanks given by:
Little plastic box after the injection pump...? Any chance of a picture? That second bit does sound like a dying lift pump, i presume you've got a sensible amount of fuel in it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah Poodle, got nearly half a tank,

I'll try to get a picture in this morning
Smile
Thanks given by:
The black box is the fuel heater assembly according to my Haynes book, well it does make a lot of noise for a heater any ideas please as to what's going on?
Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah i know, did wonder if that's what you meant, but couldn't understand how it would be making any noise considering it doesn't have any moving parts lol. I guess the noise is traveling along the fuel lines from the lift pump, but i'd suggest moving it and having another listen in case it's something behind it making the noise.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers Poodle, I wondered if it could

Sorry, could be the lift pump causing a vibration in the fuel line

I think I might follow the lift pump upgrade I'm the guides section and fit a Walbro
Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisy Engine After Cambelt Change tigerstyle 13 9,001 18-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: toseland