Oil Recommendation...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Recommendation...
Evening chaps.

For the last 3 years I've always forked out for Gulf Competition oil for the HDi's annual oil change, but as it's going to be given to my girlfriend to learn in I feel this might be a little extravagant.

As such, can someone recommend some more mid-range oil that'll be nice and cheap for a quick change on a car that'll be driven very sedately from now on, but will still offer the necessary protection on a car that has done 50k miles in my ownership, and I hope will do another 50k.

Same goes for filters, I've always bought OEM filters from Peugeot (they always give me a little discount), but this might, again, be overkill now. Are aftermarket filters fine? Any brands to look out for/avoid?

Cheers 'n gone.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I have just used shell helix ultra in mine which comes in at about £30 for 5 litres. Works well and sounds smoother than before the change haha. I used to use the stuff in my corsa all the time and that was the smoothest sounding corsa I ever heard tbf.
Thanks given by:
Generally peugeot are quite cheap for filters so id say stick with them for the filters and I personally use shell oil around 16.99 for 5 litres trade at ecp
Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...77&alt=web

Just stuck this in the 206. Decent enough.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just to confirm I was speaking about the 10w/40 shell stuff not the 5w/40 jtaylor is talking about. I have also used the triple qx stuff piggy has used though and it seemed decent.
Thanks given by:
Triple QX looks promising, I guess you can't go far wrong if it's fully synthetic?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Yeah TripleQX is fine, certainly meets OE spec which is all you're asking of it..

I'd still be only fitting decent quality filters though, I've seen the innards of the cheap stuff and I wouldn't fit it on anything, considering it's only a couple of quid difference on a service.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I always use Euro car parts Triple QX fully synthetic in all my vehicles. All highly tuned and driven very very hard, never had any problems. Also know a guy with a Citroen dealership and he seems to use this too.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
When i changed my oil a few months ago, i used Petronas 5w40 with a Mann filter, all good, only cold start is a bit noisy..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remap recommendation shervo 5 1,292 05-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Last Post: shervo