Strange vibration when braking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange vibration when braking
Hello guys!

About a month ago my car has a strange vibration at the pedal when braking. At the weekend i put on the summer tires and the vibration get much stronger. It's coming from the back, becasuse if i put the handbrake on when running, it does the same. The brake pedal feels like when you hit the brake hard in a car with abs.(i don't have abs...) It has drums on the back. What could cause this problem? I think it might be wheel bearing, because it has a sound as well but i'm not sure. When a i jack the car up, the wheel runs fine and there is no tipical bad bearing sound.
Thanks given by:
warped brake disc? Brake disc not mounted properly? wheel bolts not done up tight?
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2015, 01:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote: warped brake disc? Brake  disc not mounted properly? wheel bolts not done up tight?

I have drum brakes. Wheel bolts are ok, i double checked them.
I thought about worn drums or shoes, but this strong vibration came at the first drive with the summer tires.
Thanks given by:
if you drive along slowly, press h/brake button in and pull handbrake on slowly-----if the car does the wobbly/vibration bit then it needs a pair of brake drums.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2015, 07:10 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: if you drive along slowly, press h/brake button in and pull handbrake on slowly-----if the car does the wobbly/vibration bit then it needs a pair of brake drums.

It does when i pull the handbrake, but not at low speed. It vibrates when braking from over about 45mph.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 3,887 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  Strange vibration. decjhawes 12 3,003 21-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Strange braking after a few hard stops from high ish speed MY95 13 2,741 19-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Last Post: MY95