Resistor(s) to cure airbag light fault?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resistor(s) to cure airbag light fault?
Hi there, just looking to pick the brains of you intelligent chaps! I have a 306 HDI DTurbo, V-reg and recently the main airbag light has come on and refused to turn itself off again lol. A couple of years back the side airbag warning light came on, i tried the suggested fix of removing the plugs under the seat and soldering the wires but, for some reason that didn't work.......... so i did the only thing i could think of, removed the instrument panel and popped out the bulb - problem solved and still passes an MOT Smile Now, with the main airbag light being on that isn't an option as it'll fail an MOT Sad I got a mate at work to pop it on the computer and he says it'll be the clock spring in the steering wheel. I don't fancy forking out X-amount just to have it fail again at some point so was looking for advice on "taking it out of the system" via resistors. Saw a youtube clip where some guy is nice and vague about what you should do so thought i'd sign up here and ask people who hopefully have done this before Smile

Took a pic of the airbag ecu:

[Image: L3mPPQY.jpg]

I'm a panel beater/paint sprayer so generally know my way around a car lol. Any info/guides would be great, thanks, Geoff.
Thanks given by:
So can you ask your mate exactly what the fault was on the reader? Im assuming the system couldn't see the drivers airbag in which case, have you checked to see its plugged in properly on both sides of the clock spring?
If not and your adamant to fool the system, you need a 1.8ohm fused resistor.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Goofy
I'll take a look tomorrow, is it easy enough to check? I'm assuming the centre of the steering wheel just pops off? (never had it off before........ the steering wheel i mean lol). Cheers.
Thanks given by:
To take the air bag out of the wheel, if you feel behind the wheel you will fell two caps (if they are still there). Pop these off and under them is a T20 tore on each side. undo them and the air bag will come out. Just make sure the battery is off first. Just connecting and disconnecting a air bag should never set it off but you can't be too careful with them!
To check the other side of the clock spring, remove the steering column shroud and you should be able to find the bright orange plug. Check this is secure and the pins are secure in it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Goofy
Cool, thanks Niall, will have a look tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...ght=airbag
or
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...ght=airbag

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Airbag light on, other lights not coming on TULL3RZ 0 1,138 25-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TULL3RZ
  Airbag fault Iceman299 0 894 26-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 3,728 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug