Hey all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey all
Hi all

I'm new here and I'm a 306 1.4 meridian owner. Found this forum when I was looking for tunning tips and liked it so much I decided to stay
Thanks given by:
Welcome any pics of the 306 be nice to see lol any plans in the pipeline for it :-)
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile Enjoy your stay!
Any pics of your car? What plans have you got?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile get some photos up Smile
Thanks given by:
I will get some photos up once I've got my alloys sorted and had chance to give it a clean.

As far as my plans go. I'm wanting to squeeze more power out of the engine probably going to change camshaft, air intake and get a full remap. Got some plans for the sound system as well but I haven't made any desicions on that one yet.

Thank you guys for to welcome
Thanks given by:
The 1.4s aren't overly powerful even tuned. Ive seen one of these lumps turbo'd in a 206 and IIRC it made 160bhp which is enough for some really good fun by all means but I'm sure you can imagine how much it would cost to turbo it lol.
In the 106, it was a great engine but i think the 306 is a little heavy for it. That said, if you've never really done much with the spanners, its a cracking engine to learn with. Very simple and fairly bullet proof except for head gaskets.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah the general opinion seems to be to not bother trying to tune the 1.4 engine, but at the minute I can't afford insurance on a 306 with a bigger engine so I just want to squeeze as much power as possible out of what Ive got.

But I did come across a full turbo kit including all manifolds and exhaust which was £1550, I would have been tempted to do it if I had the money too.
Thanks given by:
Its not just the kit though mate. Its all the little bits and mapping that very quickly add up!
If you're quite young (assuming so as every young driver has the same issue as you!) then i would bite the bullet and leave the car alone power wise for a year or two. I know you want to get on and have some fun with it, believe me we have all been there but insurance just doesn't like young drivers in fast cars!
If you have the space, why not buy a bigger engined 306 as a project car and spend a few years slapping a turbo on that? Would mean a few years to do the job spot on and you aren't spending money on stupid insurance costs!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Welcome along, you may be surprised insurance wise, try getting a quote on the 1.9DT XUD, I made a fair saving going from my 1.4 to the DT, guess the insurance companies don't think they're as much of a "hot hatch", being a diesel. Wink At least you got yourself the Meridian spec though, mine was a lowly LX. lol

Look forward to seeing some pics, and bung a project thread up as well if you're going ahead with the tuning side of things. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the advice, but as far as changing for the diesel, I would love to have a deisel engine in what I've got. I don't want to change car because I've become rather attached to my 306 since I got it. But I might look into getting a 1.9d if they made them in the meridian spec.

And I don't have the space to buy another 306 as I've currently got a classic 1971 mini taking up my garage which I'm in the process of restoring to its former glory
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum.
The Peugeot 306 is very much like forrest gumps box of chocolates, You never know what's going to f*ck up next.lmao
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, love it. But I'm hoping to not f*ck anything up to be honest.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2015, 07:14 PM)SketchYDG Wrote: Yeah the general opinion seems to be to not bother trying to tune the 1.4 engine, but at the minute I can't afford insurance on a 306 with a bigger engine so I just want to squeeze as much power as possible out of what Ive got.

But I did come across a full turbo kit including all manifolds and exhaust which was £1550, I would have been tempted to do it if I had the money too.

Hi and welcome,
If you need any help with modified vehicle insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Flux are awesome welcome to the club
Thanks given by:
Hi, and welcome to the best 306 club in the history of 306 clubs!
Thanks given by: